Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Detailing The Lexus At Last!

At last!

We've only had the Lexus for 6 months and covered some 14K miles, and at last i've got a slot to get the baby detailed!

I got in contact with a guy through the Boxster forum some time ago, then got a call last week. So it's now booked up for a detailing session tomorrow, using swissvax products. I'll get some pics up after and hopefully be able to recommend the guy doing the work.

Roll on tomorrow! Maybe some board pics at long last :winky:

Matty

It was going to be £250 but it could now run upto £300 due to the useage and work involved. The guy reckoned it would be enough to see it through the winter, time will tell!!!

I will be brutally honest and let you know what i really think once i get home from work tomorrow. I'm sure it's going to look great, as at the mo it's covered in swirl marks and bird **** lol... Neglected - no, just building up for the big clean :winky:

LOL! not at all fella :winky: that's a good ting with forums, we all have our opinions :D

the motor belonged to the finance manager for lexus oxford before we bought it. we reckon she'd used a drive through carwash everyday lol! it was covered (and you can still see some) spider scratches which looked awful on a sunny day. the difference is IMO mighty impressive and to be honest I HATE CLEANING motors! Hate hate hate :winky: i'd rather do the ironing than clean motors lol!

the misses dropped me off in town on friday night, the lustre off the paint with the street lamps was top of the line.

i know what you mean about new motors should have good paint, but the scratches were horrid.... it'll be cheaper for the next visit as not so much work should be required...

now if you have some spare time, let me know and you can wax the motors :whistling::hehe: :P

I did mine today and it looks like yours, oh and its 7 yrs old you could eat your dinner from the engine bay :D

The reason you get swirl marks is because you polish in a circular motion, always take off the polish one way (straight lines)

I've got loads of ironing to do :lol:

when you say you "did" yours, what did that involve?

as mine just has no shine to it... i polished it recently and still just looks like an old car, granted it is.. but i would like at least _some_ shine! :(

Thanks ladies :D

The time now freed up for Ironing is ideal :winky:

I used Jim from Auto Perfection (based in stratford upon avon) = mobile 07884266696. i'll be booking up another visit once we're through winter.

It's definetely done the job. We left the car parked under a tree all day saturday and most of yesterday in Oxford, it only took a 3 minute jet wash to get all the sap off! nice.......

M

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links