Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tattoos.. Who's Into Em?

Steve

I had some tattoes back from when i was 16 on the top arms and one lowr arm.. as a whipper snapper i had a crap choice of tattoos.. over the years I have hated the ones i chose (must have been a right idiot back then to choose the ones i have.. really cheap)

Anyway.. as I already have them I have decided to have some cover ups... quite excited about it because for years i have always hid them and now I am a bit more wiser I am taking time.

I am doing some research on what Tattoos I would like and asian tattoos I really like. Hope to have the whole top arms done to top of shoulders with matching designs.

Anyone here got any nice tattos?

Also i would be interested in finding a really good artist too. Gotta be top notch as I only get one chance.

hate the things :huh:

also had some done when i was a sweet sixteen, regretted them very soon after

had one removed .....very painfully !!

best advise i was given and i give, is to decide on what you want, then wait a year,

if you still want it then go ahead, chances are you will have changed your mind !!

a year is not long when you consider how long they will be with you

i have 3 tattoos, love them all to bits aswell, i waited until i was 25 before having them done (although wanting them since i was 18)

I searched through a lot of artists too, in the end i went with a guy called chris at a studio called millenium in southampton, firstly because his tallent for shading suited the designs i wanted, secondly because of the advice he gave me...

"when all the pain has gone and you have forgoten how much it cost... it will still be there."

its great advice, anyway any excuse to show them off.. here is some pics, they look MUCH better in the flesh i promise, the detail is awesome :D

P1000035.jpg

the above was my first.... 3 sessions of 2 hours, i have never been so scared in all my life, before that needle hit i had all the doubt in the world that i would get the tattoo finished lol

P1000036.jpg

this was my second, the counter part to my first, again 3 sessions of 2 hours, both of these were custom pieces, i found the artwork so they should be one of a kinds, session work is a must IMHO for a tattoo, nothing would upset me more than to see another person with the same tattoo...

P1000031.jpg

yes, it does say chimp, im proud of my nickname! lol

good luck with the cover up mate, your on the right path, i ahve seen some awesome cover ups myself, just ask a few artists to show you there portfolios :D

got 7 and 28 single stars on my right arm sort of family tree (one for each family member). at the top of those i had a cover up as i got a blue scorpion stinging a love heart after the love of my life (back then) dumped me when i was 16.

Got a dragon that was sketched at the top of my back and the mandarin for sinner on the back of my left shoulder to name but a few.

am looking at getting, 'EST 1983' (without the inverted comma's) accross my chest and, 'REBORN 2002' around my waist for personal reasons.

love them myself, but with the exception of the family tree i get them out of every day sight and not everyone shares my passion.

crucial thing with tattoos is that YOU like them, not what other people think IMHO :D

good thread, im going to go back soon and have a tribute to my son done, just need to pick something apropriate for him

what about a little mokey or cheeky monkey? :lol:

i agree with the so long as you like it bit! It really is the most important thing as its on you and will be forever unless you pay through the nose to have it removed!

i did think of the little monkey idea, (i call him chimpster lol) but thinking long term, my lad wont always be a little nipper, i want something that will age with him (there is the challenge)

i want something that basicly shows how i feel about him, that i will always have is back in life as he grows up.... (im thinking a back piece or something)

its gotta invole chimps though ;)

what about a little mokey or cheeky monkey? :lol:

i agree with the so long as you like it bit! It really is the most important thing as its on you and will be forever unless you pay through the nose to have it removed!

i did think of the little monkey idea, (i call him chimpster lol) but thinking long term, my lad wont always be a little nipper, i want something that will age with him (there is the challenge)

i want something that basicly shows how i feel about him, that i will always have is back in life as he grows up.... (im thinking a back piece or something)

its gotta invole chimps though ;)

how did the knickname come about??

I learnt from the last ones.. luckily they are pretty small (6 inch long) and they are fading and only b & W so its gonna be great to get them covered.

When i go to china i always get asked to show them.. they are always interested in looking at them. I never show them to anywayone normally

So i want something nice to show

I do think that the tattoos have to be something meaningful.

dont like the skull and crossbones or love heart stuff...

Hey scorps.. might look him up.. do you know if he has a website?

long story that mate, one for another thread (i dont want to hi-jack lol) but i have had it since i was 18 and to be honest as much as i hated it at first, i have grown to love it, there are worse nicknames i suppose :D

long story that mate, one for another thread (i dont want to hi-jack lol) but i have had it since i was 18 and to be honest as much as i hated it at first, i have grown to love it, there are worse nicknames i suppose :D

would it really be fiting for the little one then? my brother calls his son Junior because he's exactly the same as my brother is. and its stuck with everyone now. maybe worth waiting until he's older and you have something you can share before getting the ink done!?

I've got 6 so far:

3 lions on my leg (England football)

5 stars up one inner arm (room for a few more :whistling: / European cups won by Liverpool FC) - On the same arm running from elbow to wrist I have " You'll Never Walk Alone"

A scorpion on upper left arm / shoulder high,

Plus two pattern Esq ones / one covering inner left arm / one covering upper right arm , bicep.

I've still got a few more I want done also. All my tattoos I've decided to get and then got them a few months later or whenever I can put myself through the pain again :hehe:

Steve - there is a guy in wellingborough who is awesome. Not sure if it is a bit far for you? I've not had any done myself but some of my mates have. Everything is designed by himself and all freehand stuff. He charges by the hour though not by the tattoo and normally, (obviously depending on size) it takes a few sittings as he only does about 2 hours at a time because of the skin swelling and becoming irritated. Also my mates have spent nearly £1000 each for the tattoo they've had done, by they are very well detailed and pretty much cover a whole arm plus shoulder.

I wanted some ink for about 5 years. Spoke to alot of friends and took alot of advice and I got my first one the beginning of this year and have plans for a few more lol... I've been looking at getting some sleeves recently but i'm wanna wait a few years yet.

Taken a day after getting it

DSC02401.jpg

My next one hopefully for xmas

DSC00003-1.jpg

The missus is worried i'm gonna end up like Scofield from prison break lol

ooo that samurai is right over a kidney.........

you will enjoy that bit mate, single most painfull place on a man to be tattoo'd nothing feels like that i can promise you, because i made the mistake of giggling when a mate had his back piece done i have had the luxury of a "dry" tattoo there (no ink)

my ***... i wouldnt let it stop me getting a tattoo on my back but all the same.. ouchy!

ooo that samurai is right over a kidney.........

you will enjoy that bit mate, single most painfull place on a man to be tattoo'd nothing feels like that i can promise you, because i made the mistake of giggling when a mate had his back piece done i have had the luxury of a "dry" tattoo there (no ink)

my ***... i wouldnt let it stop me getting a tattoo on my back but all the same.. ouchy!

Dont think i'm some sort of wierdo when i say the pain is something i kinda enjoyed. the pain was more knowing there is a needle going in and out of ma skin not really a physical pain - Mind over matter. They couldn't believe it was my first tat. The guy had me worried for a moment when he said he was gonna use what he called "the shovel" :crybaby: but it was all good.

I have 2 (well it'as actually 6) i have my name in chinese and also below it i have 'one moment one encounter'. I had my name when i was 17 and the other one about a year and a half ago, i wouldnt take them back i really like them. I may get another 1 but that would definately be it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links