Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying An Is200

ste123

Hi all, Ive just joined this forum as I am looking at buying an IS200, hopefully a sport, but my budget is quite restricted so i'll be looking at a 2000-ish model, I believe there is an isuue with some of the older in-dash cd changers? Is there anything I should look out for when buying? Also, is it worth going for a sport or are the SE's just as good?

Thanks

Ste

Welcome to the club mate,

All the CD players in the IS200 are prone unfortuantely, some last longer than others.

But most will stop reading CD's and flash Err3 at some point.

If you do a search though theres plenty of threads covering how to change the stereo.

Stav

Welcome to the club mate,

All the CD players in the IS200 are prone unfortuantely, some last longer than others.

But most will stop reading CD's and flash Err3 at some point.

If you do a search though theres plenty of threads covering how to change the stereo.

Stav

I think the problem with the cd chnagers mainly occurs when we use cdrw dics as they are slightly thicker and heavier..

One way to avoid this problem is just to use a single disc :D

spec wise..

S

S+Navigator

SE

SE+Navigator

SE+Stylying kit+Navigator

SPORT

SPORT+Styling kit

SPORT+Stylying kit+Navigator

S Basic spec...

SE, comes with half/leather interior, sunroof, heated seated.

Sport comes every thing as SE.. + Sports springs, tinted rear windows, crome exhasust pipes.

Styling kits = Side skirts, bigger alloy wheels,

Welcome!

List us you price and we can ger MR Barign hunter to start looking :D

Have a look here for information on the various models:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge...p;id=14&c=5

And here for problematic issues:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge...p;id=41&c=5

Also, have a search for topics I have made ages ago and you will find that I asked a whole lotta questions before I bought.

All the best,

Jamie

I see a supercharger..

what else has been done ?

:D

I can see this being a very quick car!

*edit.. just noticed I am an "advanced member" now!

awsome

New Tein coilovers, TTE anti roll bars, full TRD kit, sat/nav, HKS boost/oil temp in A pod, TRD Q shift, new DBA Gold discs and Mintex pads, big intercooler, the list just keeps on going B)

well arent you guys a helpful bunch!? :D cheers :D

Im looking at spending not too much over £5k (quite limited I know!)

postcode is PR2 (preston, lancs)

due to insurance costs im after a standard spec car, not too fussy about colour, but blue, silver or black would be superb!

I read somewhere that the sport gets a limited slip diff and short shift gear linkage, is this right? and is it just the sport that gets them?

Thanks

Ste

sport has stainless door sill kick plates, rear tints, LSD, chrome exhaust trim and later models had 15mm lower suspension - no short shift linkage - none of them came with this but after market kits are available, i had one for a while but swapped back to the standard lever and i prefer it.

well arent you guys a helpful bunch!? :D cheers :D

Im looking at spending not too much over £5k (quite limited I know!)

postcode is PR2 (preston, lancs)

due to insurance costs im after a standard spec car, not too fussy about colour, but blue, silver or black would be superb!

I read somewhere that the sport gets a limited slip diff and short shift gear linkage, is this right? and is it just the sport that gets them?

Thanks

Ste

I rekon uv done the rite thing wish i had joined b4 buyin mine :duh: im sure i paid over 4 it didnt think u could buy em @ these prices :tsktsk:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links