Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

650bhp Bmw On The 'ring...

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

The Nurburgring's record has now been splattered after this monster cained its way around!

Just to put this in context, this car has blitzed:

Time | Car
7.28 | Pagani Zonda F
7.28 | Porsche Carrera GT
7.32 | Porsche 911 GT2
7.32 | Gemballa Porsche GTR
7.34 | Koenigsegg CCR
7.38 | Nissan GT-R
7.39 | Porsche 911 GT3 997
7.40 | Porsche 911 Turbo 997
7.40 | Mercedes SLR McLaren
7.40 | Bugatti Veyron
7.42 | Chevrolet Corvette Z06
7.42 | Ford GT
7.43 | Lamborghini Murcielago

It was driven by Richard Göransson.

Jamie

The Nurburgring's record has now been splattered after this monster cained its way around!

Time | Car

7.28 | Pagani Zonda F

7.32 | Porsche 911 GT2

7.34 | Koenigsegg CCR

7.38 | Nissan GT-R

7.40 | Bugatti Veyron

7.42 | Ford GT

Jamie

its an awesome machine mate.Thats the car that made me want to supercharge mine.The guy uses the same ESS kit that im having fitted to mine.It has quite a few other mods,which allow it to do the ring on 7:22,but it also had one of the best drivers driving it too.he is ETCC winner as well STCC winner,he drove the Schubert Motorsport Z4M coupe with Stuck senior and junior as well as Claudia Hurtgren in VLN this year as well 24hours.This car is now on auction and 10% is going to charity.

http://www.bid2aid.com

7:22 isn't arecord - all the cars listed in the first post are/were unmodified, homologated, production cars. Record for a modified but still road legal car is Radical SR8 in 6:55. Outright record is 6:11 in a Porsche 956. A modern F1 car has never driven the same circuit in anger, but would no doubt be quicker. Nick Heidfeld's recent demo lap doesn't count, as he was not driving in anger all the way round, and he did the GP circuit as well.

7:22 is still pretty impressive though :)

Andrew

That M3 CSL looks amazing :)

How come the Veyron is only 7m 40s? Surely it must be able to do more then that? When they tested it on Fifth Gear Tiff Drove it and said it handled pretty well and wasn't just a straight line machine.

it does seem slow,considering the power it punches out,however I cant see it being more nimble than a csl on any road.I dont think all out power is essential for a fast lap time at the ring,so much can be made/lost in the twisty stuff-that the two main long straights dont seem as significant,of course the veyron would be very quick down the long straights,it would just suffer heavily through the corners,i think that reflects in the time.

Time | Car

7.28 | Pagani Zonda F

7.32 | Porsche 911 GT2

7.34 | Koenigsegg CCR

7.38 | Nissan GT-R

7.40 | Bugatti Veyron

7.42 | Ford GT

Jamie

Just a quick question, I was very curious to know if the Ferrari Enzo has been around the circuit, if so what was the time?

Just a quick question, I was very curious to know if the Ferrari Enzo has been around the circuit, if so what was the time?

Apparently it has, but I'm struggling to locate times. It was taken around the 'Ring by Michael Schumaker shortly after its launch.

Here is a video of one just about to burble through the tunnel:

Jamie

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links