Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello All From Is300 Newbie

Ian D

Hello all,

One of the good things of divorce is that I no longer have to do what my wife wants, which means I've got myself an IS300 Sport in black, Jan 2003 on a 52 plate. :D

I loved it the first time I saw it and I've not been disappointed in 2 weeks of ownership. Well, that is apart from erratic steering (note to myself: it helps to have correct tyre pressures), couldn't get washer jets to work (note to myself: RTFM) and non-intuitive SatNav (note to myself: RTFM, but what's wrong with touch-screens and if Lexus are so clever as to have telephone numbers as an input why can't they do post codes?).

The engine puts a big smile on my face every time I press that throttle. The weather and roads have been pretty bad so I've not tried the car out properly, but our time will come......

I've done a little personalising. Alloy task disc holder, new registration and, er, that's it. Yes, I've got a personalized number plate, but it has a meaning. It has my 3 kids initials in order and 14N, which spells either Ian (me!) or my initial I, 4 for 4 of us (me + 3) and N for Nowife. This also has another function. To make it harder for me to get involved with a woman again (sorry to any women reading), her name will have to start with N which rules out 95% of the female population.

All that I want to do now is get some new car mats and an updated SatNav disc (I have great fun with SatNav on new roads near me).

Enough of the interesting bits. Me, I'm middling in age but young in brain, have 3 young boys, am getting divorced, am moving to Surrey where I work in life insurance (sorry). I don't have many interests yet (kids have taken up the time), but now I'm going to have time on my hands I've bought myself a bike (Lexus don't do bikes, so it's a Honda) which to keep me from getting involved with women again I've made single-seat.

I look forward to meeting all you people out there and discussing our little darlings.

:winky: Ian

Welcome, sound like you have a very nice car, and bike :D but not so nice ex wife :lol:

Thanks. ^_^

I thought I'd try to replace her so put an ad in the paper "Wife wanted". I got 479 replies in a week, all saying "you can have mine".

Hello, Ian. You sound like just the sort of crazy mixed up guy who will fit in round here. Nice Lexus, but the most important question is: what’s the bike?

CBR 600 RR Mar 2007 in red (such as you can call modern bike designs by a single colour).

Previous owner did a few mods such as seat cover, Micron exhaust and uprated air filters (plus alarm, smart water, small number plate etc;).

It's my 3rd phase of bikes (1. Nothing has a fairing. Every bike has a coloured tank and that's it. Too poor to afford car, until 'now I can'..... 2. Lurid colours on bikes. Only mega-expensive bikes have exhausts underneath the seat. Can afford both car and bike, let's have some fun, until, 'oh dear, can't fit babies on back'.... 3. Speed cameras everywhere. Even bikes can get SatNav. Divorce and my 3rd childhood).

When I get good weather to take photos, I'll pin them on the site.

Hi Ian D. Welcome to the club. I'm sure you will get at least as much enjoyment and help from the LOC as I have over the past few years.

Must be something about being an Ian! I've had 3 Lexii, including an IS300 Sportcross which I really liked. I've had to defect recently due to a problem with my legs, but my heart still lies with the Lexus mark.

I've also been a keen biker for most of my 55 years until my recent disability problems. Also 2 of my sons ride CBR600's and my 3rd son has owned a couple in the past, so good choice. Never owned one myself or a VFR, but I know how good they are. Best Honda I ever had was a Fireblade, an early RRN. What a stonking bike! Toss up between that and my Ducati 888 for accolade of best bike, but they were just so different. Not necessarily for touring though, although the Blade was pretty comfy despite my 5 foot 10 frame.

I too went through a divorce years ago, but I'm happy to report that second time around everything is perfect :) :) :)

Hope you get what you want in the future.

Good luck.

IanB :D

Hello Ian, looks like we have a few bikers on here now :)

I used to have the IS300 .... for 2 years. Absolutley loved that car, but the time came with property purchases so I had to sell it to move on :)

Here she was :

post-7604-1198879567.jpg

And Here's the current toy :

post-1-1194733664.jpg

post-1-1194733893.jpg

Welcome to the club :)

......... and non-intuitive SatNav (note to myself: RTFM, but what's wrong with touch-screens and if Lexus are so clever as to have telephone numbers as an input why can't they do post codes?).

All that I want to do now is get some new car mats and an updated SatNav disc (I have great fun with SatNav on new roads near me).

Not so happy with the Lexus sat nav. I had it on my GS but it wasn't as intuitive to use as my old Tom Tom.

With my new Audi, it's even worse, even after going through the manual several times :tsktsk: . Bluetooth phone system is much better though. Reads all the numbers on my phone and sim card without me having to do anything other than just link up the phone. Lexus should do that.......... :unsure:

Cheers,

IanB :D

Hello Ian, looks like we have a few bikers on here now :)

I used to have the IS300 .... for 2 years. Absolutley loved that car, but the time came with property purchases so I had to sell it to move on :)

Here she was :

post-7604-1198879567.jpg

And Here's the current toy :

post-1-1194733664.jpg

post-1-1194733893.jpg

Welcome to the club :)

Lovely bike. Reminds me of my RD500 by the way the pipes come out together under the seat. Reminds me of my then girlfriend, sigh. She rode on the back even though the brakes were somewhat useless (but good in their day) and to think I dumped her for my wife. Pass me a drink to help me forget. Ah, RD350 that snaked around any corner above 70 mph, FZR600 that had a suspension worthy of a moped. Great fun, one and all.

Welcome to the club Ian, and in that, I've noticed that we have a few Ian's on here

Ian M, D & B :P

Heh, not sure what relevance that has to anything, but hey, welcome anyway :)

Welcome to the club mate, sounds like you've got a nice bike also.

I'm a big bike fan but cant afford to run both! Sounds like you have had a bad experience with your ex but dont worry no one will have that effect on you here ...... well hopefully not :crying:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links