Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Autoglym Aqua Wax

Rob's Lexx

When at MPH 2007 i visited the Autoglym stand and was impressed with the results of the demo product, AquaWax.

Its basically a lovely smelling liquid wax, that can be sprayed directly to the car whilst still wet (i.e. after having been rinsed following a wash). The product is then effortlessly spread over the entire car with one of the 2 microfibres provided and the other microfibre cloth is then used to wipe it off to an impressive shine.

Apart from smelling AMAZING, it really does give a nice finish (and i have a white car so imagine the results on a darker colour where depth of shine should be much more visible). On my car, the gloss factor has improved and the paint feels very smooth (similar in feel to that following a clay bar session).

I picked it up on special offer at £9 and that includes a plastic case, the aquawax and 2 microfibres. Not sure on the RRP, but its a great thing to have for those either not keen on waxing or for anyone who wants to get the job done a bit quicker.

Pics are below, but weather was VERY gloomy

P1010161.jpg

P1010163a.jpg

P1010160.jpg

Id be concerned about how long it lasts protection wise if your cleaning every week it might no be too bad id be interested in a long term test compared to other waxes

i clean the car once a week if i can or once a fortnight if i'm busy.

its lasted very well over a couple of weeks so far, and the weather isn't the best. the dirt just seems to sit over the wax and allows easy wipe off.

• 1 month later...
try collinite 476 its a long lasting wax and really easy to apply/buff off also.

Ye I agree, I tried it just as winter set in and it really does work well, water just runs off the car, and the next time the car needs washing it takes even less effort!

Its just unfortunate that the tin is to small to get the PC in..........

try collinite 476 its a long lasting wax and really easy to apply/buff off also.

I remember you posting about this stuff somewhere else and was thinking about giving it a go when the weather turns, but I do like the idea of using the Autoglym one when the car's still wet, the time saving could mean you could apply this more often so wouldn't need to be too long lasting.............as long as the finish is good! :)

just to update.

the wax layer lasts a good while from my experience.

waxed the car with aquawax it 3 weeks before i went to the states (washed it once in that time) and when i went to wash it at the weelkend you can really see it beeding. pretty good result/product for the price.

like the sound of that stuff you suggest also rob.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got some of this wax after reading one of Robs posts. Best stuff ive ever used, i put 2 coats on so far and my paintwork is soo smooth. When it was raining the other day you could just see the rain bead off the car.

I get all of my polishes and waxes from,

www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

Collinite Wax.

There forum is really helpful aswell!

Tom.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links