Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Accident

stuie

Lost the back end and hit a kerb this morning got a shattered rear wishbone for sure but not sure about other damage till I can get it on a ramp.

What sort of cost is a snapped wishbone

it was a roundabout and not overly fast its one of those things where its the first rwd ive had first real winter in it and first real probs ive ever had just one more chalk on the board for experience I just hope its not too costly. As for speed I have no idea couldnt have been that fast as it was reasonably busy (surprised I didnt take anyone with me)

okay the chances are il have to pop back up to see you again once theyve dicked around with it and put it back together all this happening and I only saw you 6 weeks ago. Oh well.

Just unlucky I suppose. Just out of interest the fact that you changed the geo settings shouldnt come up with the insurance claim should it ie not lexus approved settings and so they might through the claim out. Never really thought about it tbh but should I have informed the insurance after your changes I just thought of it as a more intense tracking setup and so never thought of telling them :o would you tell them everytime you changed the tires and they were rebalanced I dont think so so never thought of telling them about those changes.

Damn diesel spillages in winter

This happened to me last week. Except wheel was bent in at the back instead of the front like yours. Finally got it sorted today. needed a new lower control arm, wishbone, trackrod and it was still the same. I taught it might need a new subframe also but i just got a second hand hub and now its fine. Just need an alingment now.

This happened to me last week. Except wheel was bent in at the back instead of the front like yours. Finally got it sorted today. needed a new lower control arm, wishbone, trackrod and it was still the same. I taught it might need a new subframe also but i just got a second hand hub and now its fine. Just need an alingment now.

Mines the back too when you say still the same in what way? I think this is going to go through insurance anyway so they should sort it al out

Yeah i know its the back. Its the same one as I hit. Your wheel is pushed in at the top under the arch, well mine was pushed in at the bottom at the back of the wheel nearest the bumper. In regards to it being still the same, i first had the wishbone, control arm and track rod replaced. When these parts were replaced the wheel was still pushed in so i replaced the hub and it was perfect after that. I got the hub second hand for 100 Euro and toyota charged 350 Euro for the other 3 parts and for an indicator lense for my wing. My bro did the work so luckily no labour cost.

I heard somewhere that these parts are designed to take the force from a crash so as not to damage the chassis. It might not be as bad as you think. Try get the parts second hand. Hope you get it sorted.

Darren

Sorry it's been a while but pulled out the invoice. Here's the highlights:

2 x Lexus Dunlop tyres - £254.74

Paint - £90.06

Recovery/storage - £159.00

Sundries - £30.00

2 x wheels - £487.52

shock absorber rear - £86.65

2 x cam camber adjuster - £11.79

drive shaft - £493.89

carrier rr axle - £100.60

link sub assy - £33.61

control arm - £73.32

link stab - £30.16

control arm - £80.85

control arm - £150.15

half shaft - £105.81

bearing - £62.45

anti-roll bar - £77.95

member rr susp - £497.59

2 x cam camber adj - £9.55

shield rr floor - £10.81

2 x cam camber adj - £11.19

2 x cam camber adj - £14.95

deflector brg - £6.19

2 x cushion susp - £47.19

2 x cushion susp - £70.95

cushion diff - £28.82

cushion - £37.56

cover flr mem - £24.91

Prices did not include VAT. There were also lots of nuts and bolts etc down as seperate parts (parts list was 3 pages long!). I'm afraid I don't know half of what the bits above are either, just put them down as they appeared on the invoice.

Don't know how much you can trust it though, the garage put everything on the bill they could get away with, and don't even know if they changed half of it. Obvious example - why do they need paint when there was no damage to the bodywork at all? Why did they need two new wheels and tyres??? :unsure:

The initial estimate was about £1800 but the overall cost was just under £4k - I reckon the garage looked at how much it would be before it was a write off and did everything they could to get as close to that price as possible!

Hope you get yours sorted soon mate. :crybaby:

Update

It will be fixed there wasnt any chassis damage there was subframe damage though currently Ive got a clio on hire :P and wont get my baby back for at least 3 weeks oh well should be grateful im getting it back at all

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links