Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bye Bye Lexus

I would to confirm today that i'm parting with my Lexus after 6 months of ownership. I have loved every minute of this car but I have been offered a deal on another car that i don't want to refuse plus I get a 3 door hot hatch again which I prefer.

I would like to say cheers to everyone on here that has offered me help and advise when I needed it, its much appreciated.

I will stay on here as a member but I wont be involved much due to not being a Lexus Owner, but will still come down to local meets and even big events to say hi.

Thanks again

Craig

It isn't my company car that im getting mate, the company car comes in April so this will be my other car. I pick it up thursday night, here are some pics and spec:

3DR HATCHBACK.

5 SPEED MANUAL GEARBOX.

MET BLACK PAINTWORK, WITH FULL BLACK LEATHER.

BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DASH TRIM.

CARBON ENGINE COVER.

KKK K04 HYBRID TURBO

FORGE LARGE FRONT MOUNTED INTERCOOLER.

FORGE ACTUATOR (21 psi)

FORGE UPRATED RE-CIRCULATING DUMP VALVE.

AUDI S3 MAF.

BOSCH 985 INJECTORS.

MILLTEK DE-CAT EXHAUST.

MILLTEK STRAIGHT THROUGH EXHAUST.

4" ANNIVERSARY TAILPIPE.

INDUCTION KIT.

CUSTOM RE-MAPPED ECU BY JBS (STAGE 2)

PROVEN 236.1 bhp at the Wheels WITH PRINTOUT. (Completed last week)

SAMCO/FORGE BOOST PIPES.

VAG 4bar FUEL REGULATOR.

SPAX RSX COIL OVER SUSPENSION.

WERTEC ANTI ROLL BAR.

REPOSTITIONING DROP LINKS.

AUDI TT FRONT BRAKES 312mm (FULL CONVERSION)

PAGID FAST ROAD PADS.

BBS CH 8.5 x 19" ALLOY WHEELS WITH EXCELLENT 235/35 R19 TYRES.

FULL ANNIVERSARY BODYKIT.

MK5 WIPER CONVERSION.

EURO STYLE REAR LAMPS.

COLOUR CODED BADGES.

DE-WIPERED TAILGATE.

BOOST GAUGE ON SCREEN PILLAR.

ALPINE CDA-9853R MP3 HEAD UNIT WITH INFINTY SPEAKERS THROUGHOUT.

SONY 350watt AMP AND INFINITY 10" D10 SUB.

golf1.jpg

golf2.jpg

golf3.jpg

golf6.jpg

Thanks very much, the wheels are lovely. Not looking forward to getting tyres and im sure 19"s arent the cheapest tyres lol.

It will take some getting used to with it being Front wheel drive and over 230bhp at the wheels but im sure I will get used to it. You will see it at the next local meet (if we have one) :)

Yeh i believe its Jabba Sport. I went out in the car on saturday and the Power of this car is unreal, the set-up on the car is brilliant and with the Milltech exhaust it sounds awesome and gives out some rather nice pops and bangs lol. The best thing is it looks rather standard apart from the wheels.

Im sure I wont get bored but if I do I will keep you in mind :)

Yeh i believe its Jabba Sport. I went out in the car on saturday and the Power of this car is unreal, the set-up on the car is brilliant and with the Milltech exhaust it sounds awesome and gives out some rather nice pops and bangs lol. The best thing is it looks rather standard apart from the wheels.

Im sure I wont get bored but if I do I will keep you in mind :)

I cant get resonable insurance for anything else yet anyway ;) lol mayb in a yrs time I look to get one hehe, I like smaller cars and thats a hot hatch with big power always best in black :)

The insurance on this Golf is cheaper than the lexus and is £850 a year which to me is very good.

I cant describe how fast this car is, I will post up a video of it after I have got the car (if its dry lol)

Roll on Thursday :D

I have only 1 yrs no claims in feb and 2 acciedents... surely the golf turbo an especially with ur parts will be alot more than group 13 lex? I dont have a SC lol just the slow sport lex :(

Look forward to the vid lol

I thought it would be over £1000 but it came back at £850 for the year with mods so im happy with that. Im sure your insurance will be better in Feb, fingers crossed.

The Lexus aint too bad really, i loved my IS and is a really nice drive, but the golf is something i've been looking for for ages so had to get it.

There is a bit of torque steer but with the width of the 19's and having good tyres it does handle the power.

Im not sure how a S/C lexus would compare to this, I will meet up with Jamie and see how it does.

I do like the Mk 4 golf's and this one aint chaved up and is subtle.

Your not really getting a company car are you ?? you just wanted a VW Golf and didn't want to tell us :lol:

Go to the Doctor and seek help soon :P

I am getting a company mate, I have to wait until I have been with my employer 12 months which is april time before they will allow me to have one.

Im not sure what you mean by go to the doctors and seek help tho :)

You can have a ride in it Jamie, I will give you a text when I pick it up and meet you somewhere quiet :)

Abbi is 24 weeks on Thursday so she getting bigger and bigger every day.

Craig

make sure the company car has 4 doors as getting babies in and out of the back of a 3 door hatch is tough on the spine.... :winky:

your lady is going to hate the golf... unless you drive like a granny on a sunday :P

good luck with it all :)

You can have a ride in it Jamie, I will give you a text when I pick it up and meet you somewhere quiet :)

Abbi is 24 weeks on Thursday so she getting bigger and bigger every day.

Craig

make sure the company car has 4 doors as getting babies in and out of the back of a 3 door hatch is tough on the spine.... :winky:

your lady is going to hate the golf... unless you drive like a granny on a sunday :P

good luck with it all :)

All the company cars are 5 doors so she will be happy lol. The golf will have a babies seat in it all the time so its easier on the back. Abbi's car is a 5-door polo so if we need to go anywhere really then we can use her car.

She loves the golf mate, as soon as she saw it she said Get it, she is a similar age to me and she likes nice cars :)

It is a quick car mate and im sure you will get to see it. My mate is a really good photographer so on saturday after a very good clean he is taking some pics of my car and I will post them up, this is an example of the pics he does. He would come the next big meet and take pics for free and he is very good.

myfocus.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links