Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tints

Hando

Anyone got a reccomendation for somewhere good for window tints around slough/windsor or west london?

Needs to be someone prepared to do front tints and want them to match the factory rear tints as closely as poss.

thanks

Yeah I know.

But you still see so many cars with limo tints up front (especially Range Rovers) and the factory tint is so slight that it doesn't really draw attention to itself.

... and I just hate the half tinted/half not effect.

The problem is if you get factory tints on the front it will not be the same as just on the back as you have less light coming into the car and so will appear darker

True - you need to add about 10% to compensate - is that about right?

A dececnt place will be able to advise you on what is a 'safe' level of tint.

The limit is 30% on the front sides (ie 70% of light needs to be transmitted through the windows), 25% on the front screen and no limits on anthing from B pillar back.

Standard tint is about 10% on sides and 0-5% on front.

Im gonna be doing mine in the summer, and i' probly do the job myself. If I was gonna pay id go see First Direct in basingstoke as they are top guys.

Found a good guy in Gloucester who has just tinted the replacement rear window on my IS250...C B Frostick tel. 01452 529034, mobile 07974 022779 www.toptints.com. According to his website he also caters for small policemen...or is that a typo :lol: ??

Anywhere reputable isn't going to tint beyond the legal limit. It'll fail the MOT, you could get pulled over by the Police and forced to remove it. Worth it?

Its technically not in the MoT (beyond the usual windscreen visibity regulations), they will struggle to fail if its bordeline as they wont have the equpment to check it accurately.

VOSA/police are the only people that can realistically enforce the law.

theres a vosa guide here http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/repository...0Nov%202005.pdf

Why are tinted windows not included in the MOT test?

Excessively tinted glass is seen as a serious issue but one which

currently affects only a small number of the 24 million vehicles

tested annually. To include this item in the MOT test would require

all 18,000 garages to incur expenditure on special test equipment

and the time taken to carry out an MOT would increase. The MOT

fee would have to be raised to cover the extra time and investment.

This extra cost would affect all motorists - all for a small number of

vehicles. With the current levels of offending, roadside enforcement

is a better route as it targets the offenders while minimising the

cost and inconvenience to compliant road users.

Anywhere reputable isn't going to tint beyond the legal limit. It'll fail the MOT, you could get pulled over by the Police and forced to remove it. Worth it?

Its technically not in the MoT (beyond the usual windscreen visibity regulations), they will struggle to fail if its bordeline as they wont have the equpment to check it accurately.

VOSA/police are the only people that can realistically enforce the law.

theres a vosa guide here http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/repository...0Nov%202005.pdf

Why are tinted windows not included in the MOT test?

Excessively tinted glass is seen as a serious issue but one which

currently affects only a small number of the 24 million vehicles

tested annually. To include this item in the MOT test would require

all 18,000 garages to incur expenditure on special test equipment

and the time taken to carry out an MOT would increase. The MOT

fee would have to be raised to cover the extra time and investment.

This extra cost would affect all motorists - all for a small number of

vehicles. With the current levels of offending, roadside enforcement

is a better route as it targets the offenders while minimising the

cost and inconvenience to compliant road users.

OK, I admit I was misled on my facts. I take back my failing MOT suggestion.

Pentagon. They have a branch in Park Royal I believe. I loved the quality of their work and their level of advice (I used the Barnet branch though).

When I got mine done, they were tinting two Bentley Arnages, so if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for my Lex..hehe

Pentagon. They have a branch in Park Royal I believe. I loved the quality of their work and their level of advice (I used the Barnet branch though).

When I got mine done, they were tinting two Bentley Arnages, so if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for my Lex..hehe

Cheers for that, maneesh. I checked Pentagon out and seems like a very good operation. But I've taken Aquanuke's tip and am booked in at Autoshades for this afternoon.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links