Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200 Sport With Supercharger

Hi Everyone.

I really need some help or advice please ? I have a IS200 sport with a supercharger conversion fitted by Janspeed/TTE in Salisbury. I actually bought the car already fitted with it from a Lexus dealer.

I have the most annoying problem of an intermittant engine warning light illuminating on the dash although there is no chnage in performance or reliability. Took it to Lexus Main dealer and they claim either fuel sensor problem or new exhaust cat. Fault code was PK 250 i recall.

Has anyone come across this before and will it be very costly to rectify ? or is it something remarkably simple due to the fact the car is running as if.

The car has been back 7 times now so very frustrated as you can imagine. Any help would be great ?

Krgds

Martin

martinwills33@hotmail.com or 07894 606397

Is the car De-cated? if so this can cause the eng mangement light to come up. Also what chip is it running? a proper remap or the TTE balck box? if the black box, it may be faulty and require replacing?

Stav

If the car is still running ok (rev past 4000rpm and not cutting out) ? then i would say o2 sensor is the problem :D

Have you tryed re-setting your ECU ? iF Yes, how long before the eng/man/light comes on again ?

Thanks for all your ideas Guys. Really appreciate it !

The light comes on again on average 3 to 4 weeks. I am told that the system is always reset but not being tech minded I assume that is equates to resetting the ECU or would that be an additional job ?

Are o2 sensors expensive to change ? or is their an alternative supply source ? Cheers fellas

If the car is still running ok (rev past 4000rpm and not cutting out) ? then i would say o2 sensor is the problem :D

Have you tryed re-setting your ECU ? iF Yes, how long before the eng/man/light comes on again ?

The light comes on again on average 3 to 4 weeks. I am told that the system is always reset but not being tech minded I assume that is equates to resetting the ECU or would that be an additional job ?

Are o2 sensors expensive to change ? or is their an alternative supply source ? Cheers fellas

You can reset your ecu by just taking Battery off for 30mins, or taking 2 fueses out (not sure without looking)

o2 sensors easy to change, there are 3, 2 on your manifold and one under the car by the cat, not sure on price as ive never had to get one, but you may be better to find out the one thats at fault (if at all).

You can reset your ecu by just taking Battery off for 30mins, or taking 2 fueses out (not sure without looking)

o2 sensors easy to change, there are 3, 2 on your manifold and one under the car by the cat, not sure on price as ive never had to get one, but you may be better to find out the one thats at fault (if at all).

Is the car De-cated? if so this can cause the eng mangement light to come up. Also what chip is it running? a proper remap or the TTE balck box? if the black box, it may be faulty and require replacing?

Stav

mines decatted butr no warning light problems (touch wood).

maybe o2 sensor issue??

• 3 weeks later...

to reset the ECU you have to ( under your bonnet )

take out the ECT-S fuse....and also take out your ECU fuse leave out for a minute then re insert them. ( should say on the inside of the fuse box cover which one`s they are )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links