Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rubbish Part-exchange Offer!

pobrown

Have been thinking of downsizing from my March 2004 IS300 Navigator/Parking Sensors.

I've just come back from Toyota in Leeds, which is next door to Lexus Leeds. Despite me thinking that my car was worth good money (about £10.5k) for part exchange, they only offered me £8k and wouldn't give a penny more! They said that's what their sister company (Lexus Leeds next door) would offer for it.

I feel really insulted - it's got full Lexus Service History, still under warranty with Lexus until May and is in mint condition. 44k miles on the clock.

Might now look at selling privately, but I'm not sure about the inconvenience of being without a car while I source a new one after the IS300 is sold.

Anyone else had really silly valuations on their Lexus?

Cheers

Phil

I had a part ex quote last year for my 2005/05 IS200 auto for £7500. Same story 'that's all they're offering for it'. I had that quote from 3 different garages, Peugeot, Volkswagen and Vauxhall.

You basically just get ripped off big time when part ex'ing. Best way is to buy it and run it until it's worth not much anyway then sell privately.

or buy something crappy to trade in! like minimum value trade in deals? (not sure if this would work)

trading with a dealer is the worst thing. sis took 8k for an 05 tigra twintop- bastards had it up for 11,999 the next week.

its a case of money talks unfortunatley. supply and demand.

I'd say it's more a case of the dealer knowing he/she's got you whipped. He gives a good part ex quote and a rubbish deal on a new car, or a rubbish part ex and what seems like a good deal on a new car. Either way they win you lose. The strongest position you can be in is to walk into a dealership with no part ex and ready to do a cash deal (whether that means cash cash or pre-arranged bank loan cash). The most important thing to remember is the dealer needs you a lot more than you need them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links