Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clonk From Front End

colc

Just bought my first Lexus, only fault seems to be a clonk from the front end over bumps. Sounds like either shock absorber bushes, or drop arm links. Is this what it's likely to be, or should I be looking somewhere else?

Just bought my first Lexus, only fault seems to be a clonk from the front end over bumps. Sounds like either shock absorber bushes, or drop arm links. Is this what it's likely to be, or should I be looking somewhere else?

:crying: Finally able to possibly help somebody out. Believe it or not, mine was brakes. It stopped eventually, all by itself. Try to see if not applying the brakes at low speeds over the same bump( if possible) and see if you hear the same clunk? I discovered mine by doing that, replacing the brakes and copper grease (not on the rotors) :winky: in the right place was a remedy given to me. it did not appear to cause any issue, just annoying.

hi just joined ! have been a huge lexus fan ,just bought a 1998 ls400 ,having simular clonk noises front the front suspension thought an mot is due and the tester should pick the fault up ie upper balljoints,(replaced lower balljoints before mot ) control arm bushes , but they seemed ok so visted my trusty lexus mechanic and he advised it may be the shock absorber bushes ? just ordered a new set of front shocks as the old ones starting to bounce a bit will let you know if that has cured the problem .apart from that exellent car ! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links