Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Brake System Warning Light Problem

Can anyone help me with this problem. When I start the engine, normally all of the lights that should come on and go out, however as soon as I touch the bake pedal, the warning light comes on and stays on. I guessed it must be the brakes, so I went and changed the pads (front & back) hope that it'll resolved itself, but the problem still remain and the only way is to switch th engine off.

Can some one shed some light to this problem, it's quite annoying to see the red warning light on all times.

cheers

if you do a search theres a few threads about it, but i think if you push down the shelf it should pop out i may be wrong.

i know Woz has changed his so he might be able to help.

Stav

I am trying to replace the faulty interior brake light. Is this light bulb suitable for it?

Lexus IS200 501 W5W Quad Led SIDELIGHT Bulbs.

Thanks alot

not sure it is mate, ya mite be better off with a standard replacement, you dont want it to be brighter than your other bulbs, afterall, it's only a brake light!

Thanks for the speedy reply, I am not looking for any fancy bright bulbs, as you said 'standard replacement' is what I am trying to do at the moment and at the same time trying to getting rid of the alloying red brake warning light on the dash board. I'll try the local part store later. Can you tell me what is the model/number/identify of these bulbs so I can order it from Internet.

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
All fluids ok, all lighys working but brake light still on dash..........................any other advise?

Thought I would add my tuppence work to this as the Lexus dealer were hopeless. I had the same problem, but intermittent a few months back. It happened after I had parked on a really steep hill, so I thought the fluid levels were out, or maybe the sensor got scoobied. Anyway, light went out after a few weeks and was OK for a few months, then back on again about 2 weeks ago. I called the dealer and asked if they knew why the dash light was coming on when my levels were OK, the sensor seemed to be working (i.e. I could unplug it, short it and the light still stayed on), and asked if there was any other reason the dash light would come on. I happened to mention I had just replaced my rear pads and their service desk said "maybe they have missed the brake wear sensor wire" ... doh, there isn't one on that year of IS.

Anyway, their solution "bring it in and we'll look at it".... yeah right.

So, back home, pulled in to the drive and asked my son to stick his foot on the brake pedal. Yup, high level brake light was not working.

A quick jiggle about, the bulb was just loose, not blown. Hey preston, dash board light out.

To access the high level brake light, check the owners manual, it shows you a piccy how to do it. Basically, 2x flat head screw drivers from the inside of the car, prise it up gently. The relector part then can be prised our of the housing for easier access to the bulb holder. Oh, and the bulb is a E4 2EL 12V 16W push fit on a 2000 model IS. Not as the Lexus dealer told me (and they looked up my chassis number) a 12V 18W or 12V 21W.

Honestly they are muppets.

• 2 weeks later...

hi

just thought i would post to say thanks, as i just bought a y reg is200 and had the warning light on my dash, was worried it was gonna be something more serious but a bit of wiggling of wires and its all sorted!

Matt

hi

just thought i would post to say thanks, as i just bought a y reg is200 and had the warning light on my dash, was worried it was gonna be something more serious but a bit of wiggling of wires and its all sorted!

Matt

If you fixed it by wiggling wires it suggests that you may have a loose connection somewhere which could at some point short out and possibly ignite. It might pay you to try to find the loose connection and then enjoy driving your Lexus.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links