Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had Enough

Well it only occasionally has to happen, usually we take my other half's car if we're going anywhere as a family. But the last time it took a full week with the heater on to get the seats to go back to normal and the dents to pop out. So my question is this: Are their any ISOFIX baby seats that don't cause dents that are suitable for the IS200, or has anyone had a babyseat that doesnt cause leather dents at all?

my little lad is 13 months BTW

leave him with a baby sitter :D your lex deserves better, lol, no, can a child seat still be securely fitted with a cushion underneath/behind it?

leave him with a baby sitter :D your lex deserves better, lol, no, can a child seat still be securely fitted with a cushion underneath/behind it?

lol, I went down to mothercare just, even the ISOFIX car seats look like they'll put big dents in the seats, so I just bought the thickest heftiest seat protector I could get. That combined with the fact that whenever the seats in there I remove it when we've got to our destination (even if we're not staying overnight somewhere!) should mean I'll be dent (and stress) free

Go to Argos and purchase these they are on page 207, item =15 , they are interlocking floor mats to protect your floor from your weight bench , they are made of PVC heavy duty foam , double em up then put a gripper mat over them ( £9.99 from Mothercare) then fit the seat , job done .

Oh the joys of parenting .

Regards

Paul. :winky:

Can't remember whether it was Halfords or Mothercare in the end but one of them sell thick rubber seat protectors which just lay on the leather under the child seat and worked a treat in my last car - they'll be getting reused in the IS for sure!

That is the gripper mat mate

Go to Argos and purchase these they are on page 207, item =15 , they are interlocking floor mats to protect your floor from your weight bench , they are made of PVC heavy duty foam , double em up then put a gripper mat over them ( £9.99 from Mothercare) then fit the seat , job done .

Oh the joys of parenting .

Regards

Paul. :winky:

Ahaha, dunno why i didn't think of that myself, being that I sell them at work...

The problem is that the ISOFIX mounts are so far behind the cushion, and offset, that they are a real pain to use before adding any extra padding. I am thinking about ditching the ISOFIX and just fitting with a seatbelt.

Very poor design on Toyota's part IMO. I have used ISOFIX in several cars, and it was much, much easier than in the IS.

• 1 year later...
Well it only occasionally has to happen, usually we take my other half's car if we're going anywhere as a family. But the last time it took a full week with the heater on to get the seats to go back to normal and the dents to pop out. So my question is this: Are their any ISOFIX baby seats that don't cause dents that are suitable for the IS200, or has anyone had a babyseat that doesnt cause leather dents at all?

Hi

I have been using an ISOFIX car seat in my IS200 for my grand child since he was born (he is now 14 months old and we are on the second babyseat, a Halfords supplied DUO PLUS one) and i have the scratches and dents in my leather seat to prove it. I have tried using the supplied plastic shields/guides that hook onto the ISOFIX bars but they dent the leather even more, especially the one nearest to the centre of the seat.

Can anybody recommend a solution to this problem ? :crybaby:

Hi

I have been using an ISOFIX car seat in my IS200 for my grand child since he was born (he is now 14 months old and we are on the second babyseat, a Halfords supplied DUO PLUS one) and i have the scratches and dents in my leather seat to prove it. I have tried using the supplied plastic shields/guides that hook onto the ISOFIX bars but they dent the leather even more, especially the one nearest to the centre of the seat.

I ended up barring my son from my Lex until he was heavy enough for this seat

Although I still use TWO seat protectors underneath (on the rare occasion I treat him to a ride in my beloved :whistling: )

Mine doesn't have isofix fittings - missed out by several months.

So I got a Maxi-Cosi EasyBase (similar to the Easyfix but without the protruding isofix legs at the rear). That seemed fine to fit.

However, I had a real nightmare trying to get a decent car seat for the second stage (cannot remember weight but its the one up from baby seat - forward facing).

EVERY single seat I tried suffered buckle crunch risks. The only seat I could find that anyone was happy with (universally) was the Maxi-Cosi Tobi which is specially designed to fit cars which would suffer buckle crunch issues.

The problem with the IS200 is that it has a fairly deep rear seat and has too long a bottom seatbelt bit for the buckle. This raises the buckle up too high so it would either rest against or be above the line of the seat base. In a side on crash that would slam the seat into the buckle and release it which is a massive no no.

I also wanted a decent seat rather than some rubbish you can get - have seen the test videos on Which? website and they are not good!

Its a shame the Lex etc aren't a bit more proactive about supporting carrying children eh!

Though I did notice on www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk that they did a range of special seats for the IS - so maybe they would be ok, if you can still get hold of them.

When I have to put the kids in the lex - I have a maxi cosi tobi on one side and a cabrio fix on the other. I blimmin hate 'em.

1) I'm six foot four so doesn't matter which one is behind me I have to scrunch up till my knees are practically round my ears - not a great driving position.

2) the leather dents are an absolute nightmare.

I try and avoid it wherever possible but this weekend I'm taking the whole clan down to see in-laws in devon (3hour trip).

Any tips for removing the dents once I get the seats out? I usually just try and massage the area as much as possible but it's not perfect by far - really annoying.

thats what I have/had. Same problem too as I am 6ft3.

If have another one then will probably have to get rid of car!! :-(

No chance - I just raise the seat and steering wheel and straighten the seat back - it's more of a van driving position and far from comfy - but I'm not getting rid of the lex! :)

Any tips for removing the dents once I get the seats out? I usually just try and massage the area as much as possible but it's not perfect by far - really annoying.

See above. A good blast of the heaters for an hour or two helps a bit, but now it's warming up a bit, they should just 'pop' out naturally over say 1-2 weeks?

See above. A good blast of the heaters for an hour or two helps a bit, but now it's warming up a bit, they should just 'pop' out naturally over say 1-2 weeks?

ah ok - will wait and see then and if not maybe a light blast with a hair dryer. Thanks.

Hi

I ended up barring my son from my Lex until he was heavy enough for this seat

Although I still use TWO seat protectors underneath (on the rare occasion I treat him to a ride in my beloved :whistling: )

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

Based on all the negative feedback, i have decided that until our Grandson is big enough to sit in the Lexus without requiring a car seat he will have to travel everywhere with us in the wifes Toyota Yaris which accomodates his car seat without the scratching and denting problems associated with the Lexus. :crybaby:

ahhhh poor sod.

My little one loves the lex and it always saying daddys car and preferring that over my wifes.

So much so that she borrowed it for a week and has now said she actually does like the car!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links