Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Have I Done Something Stupid?

GWilso

As some of you know my recent purchase IS220D SE-L MM the customer service at Lex Cambridge has not quite been what I expected

A quick overview

Car advertised with 64109k's on the clock, car ordered with 64109K's on the clock, collect the car a week later to find 65775K's on the clock a difference of some 1600K difference :shutit: As we bartered on the price they said they would sell it cheaper if they did not carry out the 70k service before handover I agreed, so to find when I collect the car that its a lot closer to the 70k service than I expected I cause a stink, I've told them the car was mis sold and that the extra millage has devalued the car so I want the 70k service for free they refuse point blank:unsure:

My answer "YOU CAN COME AND COLLECT YOUR BLOODY CAR AND RETURN MY PART EX"

I think I got a bit carried away again, The dealer informed me that he will arrange the collection with the center manager tomorrow I hope to god they just finally agree to do the 70k service because I never back down.

I just hope they enjoy there 200mile round trip to collect it because if they think I'm returning it to them they got another nice message coming. All this for the sake of a £100 service

As some of you know my recent purchase IS220D SE-L MM the customer service at Lex Cambridge has not quite been what I expected

A quick overview

Car advertised with 64109k's on the clock, car ordered with 64109K's on the clock, collect the car a week later to find 65775K's on the clock a difference of some 1600K difference :shutit: As we bartered on the price they said they would sell it cheaper if they did not carry out the 70k service before handover I agreed, so to find when I collect the car that its a lot closer to the 70k service than I expected I cause a stink, I've told them the car was mis sold and that the extra millage has devalued the car so I want the 70k service for free they refuse point blank:unsure:

I think I got a bit carried away again, The dealer informed me that he will arrange the collection with the center manager tomorrow I hope to god they just finally agree to do the 70k service because I never back down.

I just hope they enjoy there 200mile round trip to collect it because if they think I'm returning it to them they got another nice message coming all this for the sake of a £100 service

Think you have done the right thing but what if they have allready sold your part exchange :question:

So will you be buying another Lexus from another dealer

After seeking Advise i'm within my rights to cancell the agreement within 14 days (only on day 6) and receive a full refund and they have indicated that they still have my old car but is that true I don't know?

If my car has gone to Auction as it was ment too they need to find the difference to pay back to me it could get really messy but i'm hopping they just back down and do the 70k service

Stick to your guns mate. Not only did they hand the car out as a run around whilst you were awaiting delivery hence the mileage difference,

but they also tried to get you to de-fraud your insurance company to avoid replacing the windscreen.

You will find another one, and another Lexus Dealer who will try to attain "The Pursuit Of Perfection"

I will buy another Lexus from another Lexus dealer, but they will be signing my contracts first :whistling:

A quick overview

I just hope they enjoy there 200mile round trip to collect it because if they think I'm returning it to them they got another nice message coming all this for the sake of a £100 service

Think you have done the right thing but what if they have allready sold your part exchange :question:

So will you be buying another Lexus from another dealer

DJ wazza

This is what gets my back up whilst the car is advertised on their web site the car was still being driven by the previous owner hence the extra high millage apparently this is normal :unsure:

as I said before I agreed to buy this car without viewing but by test driving a simmillar model

THEY FAILED TO MENTION THAT THIS CUSTOMER DOES 8K EVERY MONTH

Stick to your guns mate. Not only did they hand the car out as a run around whilst you were awaiting delivery,

but hey tried to get you to de-fraud your insurance company to avoid replacing the windscreen.

You will find another one.

I agree with the other guys above, as long as they still have your p/ex and you don't mind giving this car up and finding another, then I'd stick with your decision...........

I personally don't think the mileage issue is a big one, so I'd probably have let that go if I'd got extra money off the price of the car in lieu of the service, but I think the fact they've asked you to claim off your insurance for a windscreen that was broken is horrendous service...........I'm really glad I live in London where Lexus dealers still behave like Lexus dealers and don't think they're Audi or something........... :shutit:

I agree with your comments the milleage isn't he end of the world its more principal,

I cover very few miles so the extra 1600k goes a long way towards my argument

I agree with the other guys above, as long as they still have your p/ex and you don't mind giving this car up and finding another, then I'd stick with your decision...........

I personally don't think the mileage issue is a big one, so I'd probably have let that go if I'd got extra money off the price of the car in lieu of the service, but I think the fact they've asked you to claim off your insurance for a windscreen that was broken is horrendous service...........I'm really glad I live in London where Lexus dealers still behave like Lexus dealers and don't think they're Audi or something........... :shutit:

i'd have done the same thing in your position

And me. No the mileage isn't the end of the world, but the fact you're buying a car that is being used by someone else in the meantime is, to me, shocking. I'd never have thought that would be normal practice. I'm also shocked by their suggestion to claim on your insurance for the windscreen - which would cost you some excess.

Let's hope this is an isolated incident and goes away very quickly with a resolution you're happy with.

K

Well I lost my battle they still won't do the 70K service I think I need to eat humble pie :crybaby: all I can do is continue the argument with Lexus GB although as they have statted its nothing to do with them as Lexus cambridge is Franchised :unsure:

I just hope that by dragging Lexus Cambridge through the mud on this site has done enough to make anyone on here think twice before signing any deal with the thiefing gits,

Although their initial sales pitch and service was great there aftercare is :tsktsk:

Thanks for listening

If you get your old car back make sure you check it over for dents and such , check the mileage in case its ben used for runouts and when you get it all sorted , give it 6 months and put a universal key through the showroom window , have a pony in a plastic bag , box it up and send it to the salesman , gift wrapped . Oh and if you ever see him out having fun , beat the S**te out of him . :lol:

Regards

Paul.

Well I lost my battle they still won't do the 70K service I think I need to eat humble pie :crybaby: all I can do is continue the argument with Lexus GB although as they have statted its nothing to do with them as Lexus cambridge is Franchised :unsure:

I just hope that by dragging Lexus Cambridge through the mud on this site has done enough to make anyone on here think twice before signing any deal with the thiefing gits,

Although their initial sales pitch and service was great there aftercare is :tsktsk:

Thanks for listening

i wouldnt give in make a point - its more hassle for them to come and collect the car and will cost them more.

As i have always said lexus GB dont have any real control over dealers as the dealers are just a franchise

I've already given in and told them I'm keeping the car :shutit: they will not come and collect it which means another 180mile round trip for me its just not worth the hassle and I'm tired of arguing with them i give up it's just left a very sour taste in my mouth,

I'm looking forward to visiting them next week to have the new set of alloys put on (schedulled) just hope that Center Manager is working and i can get him out of camera's view :shifty:

Thanks for all your input

I do hope they are replacing the windscreen and not your insurance company :megaangry:

Wether you have told them you are keeping the car or not, you still have the time to change your mind.

Reading slightly between the lines, they bought this car/accepted it in part ex unseen, due to the windscreen wipers,

Windscreen and Alloy issues. I am wondering what was wrong with the paintwork in the first place ?

because at the time this one was being prep'd (having a respray) for sale

Also

The dealer informed me that he will arrange the collection with the center manager tomorrow I hope to god they just finally agree to do the 70k service because I never back down.

I am wondering what changed here ?

they will not come and collect it which means another 180mile round trip for me

Bearing in mind you are going there next week you could pick up your old car then ?

If you are backing down Gordon & you are accepting it, (take someone who knows cars as a second opinion on paintwork etc) & I would

go over the car with a fine toothed comb, as you will get nothing from this dealer if any further faults arise further down the line.

Good luck mate.

I for one would never consider going to this Dealer for anything.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links