Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another New One!

SUPERCOUPE

Hiya all,

I've just got myself a 2000 IS200 Sport about 2hours ago!

I've been looking for a mint example since Jan but the residuals are very strong still for these 8+ year old family saloons!

Anyway this one's, I think in 'Platinum Ice', its been knocked about a bit (179,00 miles), scrapes to bumpers, corroded wheels & so on, but the main problem's a little thing called blown head gasket!

Being a mechanic by trade this poses little problem except for expense, but, I'd like to know if any of you know of any engine exchange issues, parts incompatibility, etc,? (Engine code IG-FE)

I've currently still got my 2000 Civic VTi Coupe. & the Lexus will have similar levels of tuning & styling, i.e, subtle styling kit, uprated suspension kit, big brakes & medium breathing mods, (exhaust & intake etc,).

Hello! welcome to LOC, sorry to hear you have a blown head gasket - whats the symptoms?

There's tons of modifications that can be done to the IS200, havin lots of fun with mine still ^_^

Thanx for the warm welcome everyone, much appreciated ;) !

I've not actually checked the head gasket yet as AA man towed it up to me & said it's most likely, as the engine boiled over & stopped. It's also a pig to start, sounds like water on the pistons & it's only running on 5.

I'll check properly over weekend though, litmus test & compression & the like.

Does anyone know what these are like to tune /remap, I'm guessing they are standard OBD2 ECU's, maybe wrong though?

I do like this forum already :D . Others I'm on, mention modifications & your a ricer & if it's not JDM no one cares!

welcome mate

there not too easy to mod the engines and as you will see on here a lot of guys have supercharged theirs but even the S/C are getting rare but its the cheapest way to squeeze some horses without going bankrupt. Saying that there are some S/C's come up from time to time but expect to pay around the 2k for complete bolt on kit

Welcome, got mine with a bit of baggage, more cosmetic though, it had had a small bump which hadn't been sorted properly but is now and had a couple of other issues takes time but slowly sorting it out, well worth it in the end, I love mine to bits and it's not nearly upto the standard I want but you can have a lot of fun getting it there.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links