Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

19" Volks Alloys

Tango

My two piece wheels aren't gunmetal with a polished lip anymore...had the centres colour coded to match the car and the outer rims repolished (inners sprayed silver as original). Just got to bolt them back together now. Wheel nuts being colour coded next week.

Before:

volksboxsb8.jpg is250selmm5db1.jpg

Acid stripped:

gal1511939320101lsw9.jpg

Etch Coat and primer:

colourcoded1qp2.jpg colourcoded2an6.jpg

Colour Coded centres in Cadoxton Slate/Smoky Granite Mica after a black base coat:

colourcoded3nn3.jpg colourcoded4ms3.jpg

colourcoded4ms3.c70981ddc6.jpg

Guest inicol63

The Volks are one of the best wheels you can put on your car.

And these will look great when you load them onto you car.

So from me a great choice of wheel.

Ian

Hi there Terry,

I have to say they look spot on from the images above. I presume this is being done by a professional company? What was the turnaround period?

You must be delighted with the result :)

All the best,

Jamie

Andy Styles of 'Wheel Styles' http://www.wheelstyles.co.uk/ did the work. They aren't the fastest or the cheapest but do provide a 5 year corrosion warranty. It works too...Andy wasn't happy with the previous refurb as the clear coat on the polished rims wasn't up to his standard due to a bad batch from Lechlar Paints, so the current work is being done under the warranty, including the additional colour coding which was his suggestion. I wasn't too sure at first, but having seen them finished I'm more than happy. Was surprised the colour code (1G0) needed about seven colours plus mica to mix....and the DVLA call it 'Grey' :lol: .

Wheel Styles also refurbed my IS200 OEM rims...took about 7-10 days if my memory's not completely shot. I'm fortunate to have my spare set of OEM rims and tyres off the 250 so they were on the 200 and now the 250 while the refurbs being done. No doubt the turnaround period would be shorter if the need is greater i.e. if the car is on axle stands on the Company premises...which I note is the case for a Jag XKR, a Porsche Carrera and a BMW 330 this week :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links