Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Club Meetings

B) Hi All

Gaydon was my first LOC meeting so please excuse my presumption to offer constructive criticism of the day.

1. I was surprised that at a very minimum there was no LOC table / desk / point of contact set up for members to register their arrival.

2. The same table would act as a contact point for introductions and any questions of the club or the days events.

3. I also think it is better to group members cars by model as did some of the other clubs there, it would then look less like a car park and more like a meeting.

4. I expected to see items of LOC stock for sale which would do the club no harm!

I do not know what the structure of the club is but I do not think any of the above would take much to arrange and would make such meetings more focused and enjoyable for all.

I hope you all read this post in the spirit it is intended for the good of the club.

Michael

ok... good points.... I will liason with rod in regards of a meeting point etc at the meets.

It is hard for me to set the table as well as merchandise... It is not a case of I turn up and wonder around.. i get alot of people asking me questions.

I agree Michael, it did appear to be somewhat dis-organised, however it is only a hobby so you have to be very careful not to get too officious. I think it needed someone on site early to take charge, perhaps organise the parking and act as a welcoming point to new members of LOC.

Like Chris i still find identifacion of members a problem, but expecting members to wear name badges may not suite all. Very difficult. Obviously the more events you go to, the more faces you will recognise.

In our Ham Radio Club, we have a sign-in book or board ,and most people wear name badges.

Can we get the flags we had at JAE to each meet? Or used Chris' new car as a meeting place :D

I do agree it is disorganised. Name badges would not get worn by everyone.

Your feedback is really appreciated so we can see what members want. Any ideas would be great.

Could I also add - we usually do attempt to order the cars a little, however we simply didn't have enough space this time as we had originally anticipated use of both car parks not just the one.

Also we (Honda Club) have a table and we used this to allow members to come and speak with the Club Officials and also to collect Club Magazine/Calendar/New-member packs or purchase T-shirts etc. However - it meant I didn't get to see any of the show as I was hectic all day - never got a bite to eat or even a cuppa.

So - if a table is to be used as we do - may I suggest that you set (as we will do in future) 'opening times'. Rather than me man it all day - in future the desk will be open from 10.30am to 12.30 and then again 2.30 till 3.30.

As has been said though - we do run these Clubs in spare time, so there is only so much that can be done - but constructive feedback is always welcome and I do hope you enjoyed the meet, met and chatted with fellow enthusiasts and will of course come to more.

We tried name badges once - it caused lots of hilarity and they were not worn. I think the only option with these is for the organisers to be identifiable so that newbies have at least someone they can approach and then gain some introductions.

My car does it all... they knows its me... if you see a pair of legs hanging from the boot then their mine.

We currently do not need a table. As sammy said.. not enough time.. though the issue of recognising people would be good.

Forgive me for being a bit blunt but should'nt it be the

responsibility of say the admin and his right-hand men

to be there early to welcome members,especially as they

know who new members are, Gaydon was my first

meet and i dont know what admin looks like??where you there?

To get to a meet 1/2 hour early and set something up

stall/stand does'nt seem to much trouble to me.

I for one would like to see the club grow as much as poss

but as i said in an earlier post we've got a long way to go

to get to the standards of other motoring clubs.

this is not an attack on the club,we must strive together to make it better!!

carry on the good work.

Pete :D

i was selling stuff from my boot.

quite strange coz when i open my boot you can see people running over... quite scary :P

Pete.. the merchandise mate will be sorted soon... at the moment i am upto my neck in moving the site around. I am also getting prices at the moment but find alot of companies are way too expensive.

in merchandise what is everyones main item they would like to see (apart from the polos I ordered and people are still waiting for)

T****s

mugs

mousemats?? in which order please?

quote, quite strange coz when i open my boot you can see people running over... quite scary

i may have been in the museum?

How about a selection of a few things.....for instance,i bought white stickers

from LOC,got them in a couple of days(fantastic)but not sure i wanted them

may have preffered chrome no prob i'm going to a meet i'll get them there..uh uh

Pete :D

:question: I feel I should point out to Le Director that new members do not know who you are, and as you do not sign your posts or have a name on your profile how are we ever going to find out? which brings me full circle back to my opening post regarding LOC meetings.

Michael

Forgive me for being a bit blunt but should'nt it be the

responsibility of say the admin and his right-hand men

to be there early to welcome members

I think "Responsibility" is a bit much ....... desirable yes, but as Steve said - he overslept .... not intentional.

Also - there are things that are already on the game plan - but don't forget that this is still a young Club and some things take time to get sorted. I don't think anyone can state that anything is a "Responsibility" unless the Admin get paid a salary by the Club! As it is, it is all done for free in spare time - personally I think constructive comments are good - but when anything gets accusational ..... I just think we need reminding that Steve (and his crew) work very hard to make this happen - and lets be greateful for what they do. :hocus-pokus:

I am sure Sam that everyone appreciates the long hours and hard work put into this club by Steve and his team, as was shown by the presentations at last years JAE. However look at it from a new members side as he arrives at his first LOC meeting. How does he get to know who is who, who owns what,and who this mystery admin-man is.

I've only been to three meets and i still dont know half of the people that turn up. I think a central point of meeting would be great, be it Wilrnes' gazebo or under some LOC banners. It would need someone to agree to arrive early to greet any new members.

We are lucky that Steve can devote all the time he does, lets see if we can help him.

I don't disagree with you Wallace - hence my statement that this would be desirable. I only objected to the word 'Responsibility'.

I still don't know many of the peeps here - in fact on Sunday there were a group looking at the new Accord, I wandered over to speak with peeps - and they all walked off. :sad:

So either people don't know me ...... or worse still - they do!

I know you now UltraViolet. I wandered over to your look at you immaculate NSX when there were very few cars at the meet. I thoroughly enjoyed looking around the other makes at the Gaydon meet. :D :D

I think the table/focal point would be a good idea but as you quite rightly point out Steve and the crew do put in an awful lot of effort to make the club as good as it is. I am not sure we all appreciate quite how much effort they do make however I am sure that if a few people volunteered to run a stand themselves Steve wouldn't mind. :yahoo:

Isn't the site all about getting more people involved and spreading the word! :backofnet:

Shall we mark you down as the first volunteer Wallace :question::question:

I think if we have a reception/stand/focal point, it's a good idea but there has to be a rota of people manning it all day. Otherwise it'd be the same people stuck there all day - and the admin go to have fun too!

I try and get to the meets early (usually succeed too!) and say hello etc. but it's difficult to be there all day. Maybe we should take up some of these points (like committee staff are easily identifiable - badges or something?) for the larger meets. I don't think it's needed for the smaller events through the year.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links