Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rotrex Vs Tte

I've seen no Dyno charts for the Rotrex, losts of guestimates or people not telling and making lots of excuses why.

Not the suppliers, just some of the people who have fitted them claiming, then not claiming certain figures.

Rumoured to be 260-280 in single stage form, rumoured to produce 300+bhp with forged pistons/rods etc in 2 stage form.

By 2 stage I don't mean stage 2, I mean it has an internal gearbox so it offers 2 levels of boost (that is my understanding anyways).

I have been in an IS200 with the full 2 stage version and various other engine mods and it is darn quick.

This would have cost serious bucks however, I hazard a gues at £10,000+ !!!

TTE Kit designed specifically for the IS200, 204bhp. Second hand if you can find one £2,000 upwards

With air & or exhaust/exhaust manifold mods 217-225 achievable I believe.

Bear in mind anything 250bhp and upwards will overstress the stock conrods/internals so other work needs to be done.

I hope this helps, and hope the info is fairly correct too. Someone else who knows more will correct me if I am wrong anywhere.

ask to see dyno charts............

rotrex uk distributer is TTS performance at Silverstone. Richard runs the show and is a top guy.

BTW he doesnt have anything to do with the chargers warren cockswell mentions above !

The physical difference is their design,

The) TTE charger is actually an Eaton m62 which is a "screw type" charger. Its the same as they use on the Merc CLK and a size bigger than the one on the Mini Cooper S (m45). Basically it works by two screws intertwined to compress the air and force it forward.

The Rotrex is a conventinal Centrifugal design similar to a Turbo, sucked into the middle and spun to the outside.

Th Rotrex is a lot quieter than the Eaton and is more efficient but like Woz said, the Rotrex will prob require internal engine mods to make sure the engine can handle it.

If you look on both the Rotrex and Eaton websites theres a lot of info on there.

Stav

It mat be possible, One way may be to get some bits from TTE, for example inlet Manifold adaptor, down pipe and stuff then you just need a custom mount for your charger of choice and a down pipe to intercooler?

Obviously its not quite that simple but using some TTE parts in a custom setup is recommended as it saves a lot of manufacturing.

Stav

It mat be possible, One way may be to get some bits from TTE, for example inlet Manifold adaptor, down pipe and stuff then you just need a custom mount for your charger of choice and a down pipe to intercooler?

Obviously its not quite that simple but using some TTE parts in a custom setup is recommended as it saves a lot of manufacturing.

Stav

cheers stav ive looked on the tte web site and couldnt find bits like that to make up the kit,can you list the parts needed or that come with the tte kit so i can make some sort of a list up

I'm sure someone on here has a list of all the parts in the TTE charger kit (i thought i had one but cant find it)

But its propebly best if you buy the post intercooler to inlet manifold side off TTE, and get the Supercharger bracket and pipe work down to the intercooler made custom.

Then theres the ECU on top of that.

Stav

Stav

cheers stav ive looked on the tte web site and couldnt find bits like that to make up the kit,can you list the parts needed or that come with the tte kit so i can make some sort of a list up

Each part of the tte s/c kit has a part number, anyone with the fitting instructions will have the part numbers :D

How much approximately the tte s/c kit without s/c unit (using a clk s/c)?

TTE sell these parts individually?

The second hand clk compressor is very cheap then it's very tempting.

How much approximately the tte s/c kit without s/c unit (using a clk s/c)?

TTE sell these parts individually?

The second hand clk compressor is very cheap then it's very tempting.

i was told by tte if i wanted the kit without the compressor to deduct 2019.43eur exc vat from the kit price of about 6000eur so you still looking at 3-3500k

The physical difference is their design,

The) TTE charger is actually an Eaton m62 which is a "screw type" charger. Its the same as they use on the Merc CLK and a size bigger than the one on the Mini Cooper S (m45). Basically it works by two screws intertwined to compress the air and force it forward.

The Rotrex is a conventinal Centrifugal design similar to a Turbo, sucked into the middle and spun to the outside.

Th Rotrex is a lot quieter than the Eaton and is more efficient but like Woz said, the Rotrex will prob require internal engine mods to make sure the engine can handle it.

If you look on both the Rotrex and Eaton websites theres a lot of info on there.

Stav

the eaton doesnt compress the air - its a pure air pump, each revolution displaces a fixed amount regardless of the speed, it works by pumping more air than is required so a pressure builds up in the system.

its not a screw type either - its a modified roots blower pump but the rotors have been twisted 60 degrees to form a helix.

on a screw type SC lthe rotors look like a wide pitch screw.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links