Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Iphone

CPW and O2 selling now for £169 for the 8gb version, limited offer ubtil Jube 1st or until they sell out. Allegedly you can then unlock without having to sign for the £35 a month contract ;) In store or on the www.

It's Lexus MM friendly as well.

More questions later ;)

CPW and O2 selling now for £169 for the 8gb version, limited offer ubtil Jube 1st or until they sell out. Allegedly you can then unlock without having to sign for the £35 a month contract ;) In store or on the www.

It's Lexus MM friendly as well.

More questions later ;)

Haha I read about this today. It's true, people are unlocking it without signing up for the contract!

Haha, they are trying to shift stocks before the 3G launch!!!

Er... How do you get it without the contract then (or am I misunderstanding??)

Buy it online or in the shop. When you get it home, you are supposed to go "online" to activate/sign up for 18 month contract.

Skip the last bit, and download the software required to unlock it.

nice link maneesh i'll be downloading some of those ;o)

Bought mine a couple of weeks ago - excellent piece of kit - although I wonder why everyone is crazy on unlocking from o2?

£35 / month for 600 minutes / 500 texts, unlimited data and free access to The Cloud and BT Openzone wireless hotspots.

Struggle to get a deal like that on any other network anyway wouldnt you?

Wow - there are some good apps. in there. Is there also a link for games?

My next question is what's a good deal for a minutes and test contract, I was looking at one with a fairly good "free" phone to then sell on eBay to get major part of contract cost back but open to ideas. I don't need many minutes / texts I guess 200 of each will more than do as I am currently on PAYG and pay about £20 every six months :) I know we have some "knowledgeble" people on this subject here ;)

bought two of these 2day 1 for mrs n 1 for me , mrs one froze up then kept on switching on n off by itself so sent her bak to o2 shop to get it replaced laughing at her n going nah nah nah nah mines ok as she retuned with new one mine locked up n froze on me, spent 2 hrs on phone with o2 customer care and apple only to be told ive a duff phone and to return to store and get new one. so far not impressed, mrs phone up n running ok now but after today performance she doesnt really have much faith in them... time will tell

................................................................................

................................................................................

...........................................update 17 apr 2008. got both iphones replaced and all up n working mrs chuffed to bits with it just cant get her to make the supper any more as she to busy playing on her Iphone, so looks like microwave meals 4 me for now lol

Wow - there are some good apps. in there. Is there also a link for games?

My next question is what's a good deal for a minutes and test contract, I was looking at one with a fairly good "free" phone to then sell on ebay to get major part of contract cost back but open to ideas. I don't need many minutes / texts I guess 200 of each will more than do as I am currently on PAYG and pay about £20 every six months :) I know we have some "knowledgeble" people on this subject here ;)

Why don't you just stick a t-mobile pay monthly sim only deal in the unlocked Iphone..

15 quid a month, a 30 day contract, and 200 mins plus 800 texts...better than being locked into a 12 or 18 month contract..

Hmmm, that's not a bad price at all, I'm sure I could sell my N95 and cover the cost, or at least most of it...........

Has anyone got one on Vodafone? Does everything work ok? Although I do still think the N95 is a better phone, but the Iphone is still cool....... :unsure:

Heard on the radio today that the price's were slashed in Germany and the UK is expected to follow suit .... may be worth holding out awhile to see.... ;)

it is slashed in germany to 78 pounds but that price is only available with a contract!

it is slashed in germany to 78 pounds but that price is only available with a contract!

They've really cut it that much? I think I'll just wait till the next gen version then, it'll probably just be free on contract like other phones then :)

Is it really as simple as just buying the phone then unlocking it? Sounds a bit too easy to me, or am I just being naive?

yes, it's that simple. Bear in mind, all they want to do right now is clear surplus stocks, get this current "old technology" model out into the population, and then they have a nice upgrade path to the 3G model that is expected in June.

It is indeed that cheap and that easy to unlock. I've got mine working of a PAYG sim at the moment. The inernet via WIFI is great and the number of applications and games that are available ( for free ) is astounding. Too many even for the geeks out there. I've just got to get the kang of sorting my music into itunes, then it will be my photos ............

It is indeed that cheap and that easy to unlock. I've got mine working of a PAYG sim at the moment. The inernet via WIFI is great and the number of applications and games that are available ( for free ) is astounding. Too many even for the geeks out there. I've just got to get the kang of sorting my music into itunes, then it will be my photos ............

does youtube work on your unlocked Iphone? i cant get it to work on mine it just says 'cannot connect to youtube'

does youtube work on your unlocked Iphone? i cant get it to work on mine it just says 'cannot connect to youtube'

should do. you may need to read a bit more on the unlocking forums. i know when i unlocked 1.1.1 firmware back in nov that youtube could work

do you guys with the unlocked iphones connect to itunes? i been told that it might brick the fone if u do :unsure:

yes its possible to connect to itunes. however there is an option with itunes where you can untick the option to update the software on the Iphone automatically via itunes. that's what I have read. Best to do your own research for peace of mind mate. Ive never plugged mine into itunes though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links