Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting Is300 Lights To An Is200

well after purchasing a set of the lights from eBay (the hid angel eye projectors), ihave decided im going to fit them to my is200.

ive had the lights out on my car and it appears the lower fixing behind the indicator hits against the mounting point for the 200 lights.

is this the only issue i will have when fitting them? im going to cut out the metal on the inner wing for the lower mounting point but i dont want to cut that out to find that i have to take lots more metal out in other places too.

cheers

neil

Really want a set of these myself be interesting to see how you get on mate as far as i've read it is just the wings that stops them fitting. Hope u manage to get them fitted and wired up.

What are the quailty of the lights like?

yeah i had a little search and have seen the comments about them not being road legal. il get another spare set of lights for mot time.

if thats all that needs doing then il get them fitted. il take pictures and do a little "how to" if people want me too. i must admit i do like a little bit of a challenge at times. now isnt the greatest as ive just started the footings on my workshop so pretty busy as it goes!! lol

the seller has agreed to give me a partial refund but hasnt told me an exact amount. reckon he is going to change the title now. it annoys me when seller dont have any knowledge on the products they sell.

cheers mat!

neil

right.

just to clear the matter up about is300 headlights on an is200. they do fit but you have to cut the inner wing out. just the piece of metal that the 2 mounting points for the 200 lights bolt onto.

im not sure about standard is300 lights tho as these are aftermarket that i have fitted.

the problem i have now with the aftermarket lights is that i now dont have a main beam due to them being hid. and my original lights arent and i dont have the ballasts to run them. i need to buy an hid kit to fit into the projectors.

i have a pair of is300 complete headlight's with ballasts lamps and leveling motor's.

probably brought them from the same guy you have brought your projector ones from.

but never wanted to cut any metal about to get them to fit.

i'm open to sensible offers pm me as i don't get too much time to look back here.

Dean

yeah just ordered the kit off of eBay. come to just under £40. bet its a crap kit for that price but least il have main beam again. its surprising how many times you need to flash ur headlights.

will probably get a kit for the dipped beam too.

Lexus don't put HID's in main beams mate cos they take too long to get up to full brightness when you flash them,

and HID's dont like being flashed on for short periods either, as it shortens their expected bulb life.

Much better for dipped and fog light use only.

Incidentally what bulbs do your new headlights take for the Dipped/Main beam ?

Also do they dip with a similar patern to the left like UK lights ?

They look very cool. B)

they take h1 bulbs in the dipped beam and h7 in the main beam.

ordered a set of each. il see how they perform when i flash the lights to see wether il keep them.

cheers i think they do too. just got to wait for the kit to come thru and then il have all lights working again, oh apart from the second indicator that is in the headlight. bit wierd that it takes 2 bulbs for the indicator. need to get a plug to wire it up tho.

yeah just ordered the kit off of ebay. come to just under £40. bet its a crap kit for that price but least il have main beam again. its surprising how many times you need to flash ur headlights.

will probably get a kit for the dipped beam too.

think they are great looking lights,hope you get the bulbs sorted :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links