Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Tax... And Fuel Prices...

Im not sure what all the fuss is about, im lucky that my car is in the old tax bracket but even if i wasn't its only an extra £250 a year, when im spending £1500 on insurance and £300 a month on petrol an extra £250 really doesn't make much difference?

I filled up my tank the other day for £74 for i think it was 67 litres odd at 1.089 a litre and thats lasted me 4 days (london traffic), the garages in romford are now charging 114.9 a litre and rumored to go up to 140 a litre by the end of the summer!!!

As a result my is200 is gonna become my weekend car and i got a little 1.6 astra as my daily drive.

Is there anything that can be done about the fuel prices? i mean im not the most policically minded person in the world, far from it, but would voting a different party for government help out? or should we all go on strike like the lorry drivers did a while ago?

Personally i think whats left of us "brits" should over throw the government and get this country back to being rich and powerful and not be walked over by everyone else!

rant over :P

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree time for a revolution ;) it's not just fuel, we pay the highest rate for everything tax, insurance, parts the rest of europe must be laughing it's T :tsktsk: S off at us don't know if a change of gov would make much difference the whole country needs to stand up and demand the duty paid on fuel is slashed.

Rant continued ;)

Guest inicol63

I agree with you guys.

Maybe what we need to do is appoint a club member to be our chairman and then spead the word to each car owner club and join forces to tackle this.

We could do a march in London or drive slow around the M25.

If we just remain in our homes then we do nothing.

Ok who shall we have as chair person ?

...My vote goes to Wozza as he attends the most meets.

Who do you vote......

Guest inicol63

Who telling him he has be elected?

HeHE

Or was that you throwing your hat into the ring TomCooper.....

I agree with you guys.

Maybe what we need to do is appoint a club member to be our chairman and then spead the word to each car owner club and join forces to tackle this.

We could do a march in London or drive slow around the M25.

If we just remain in our homes then we do nothing.

Ok who shall we have as chair person ?

...My vote goes to Wozza as he attends the most meets.

Who do you vote......

''drive slow around the M25'' Are you telling me there is another way?

Guest inicol63

Graham sorry mate your quite right...

Look like we have to think of another plan..

That why i can't be the chair person .......

I seem to remeber people doing this before and stopping the fuel supply,did the goverment not make it illegal as the emergancy services could not work properly?

I dont like the french :tsktsk: ,but i have to say it would not happen over there!!!!may be some thing to learn from the french little :tsktsk: .

Was watching the news this morn and it showed Gormless Brown leaving No 10 in a Big Jag being followed by Range Rovers, who pays for his Tax, fuel and insurance (us thats who) maybe he should get back in the real world and run a car for a year so he can see just how much it costs, even with his massive salary I bet he'd struggle.

Wozza for chairman by the way either that or Clarkson.

Nobody likes paying taxes but actually in the UK we still pay significantly less than in most other European countries. The total government income as a percentage of national income in the UK is 40% compared to 45 -55% in most other industrialised European countries including France, Gerrmany and Italy. If the chancellor were to reduce fuel duty he would have to compensate by raising taxes elsewhere. If we were to move to a tax wedge of 30% like in the US we would have to get used to a radically different culture of reduced public services and private healthcare.

Wages in the UK are also amongst the highest in Europe as is gdp per capita.

I'm not sure we really have that much to complain about....

http://www.oecd.org/document/57/0,3343,en_...1_1_1_1,00.html

http://www.ifs.org.uk/budgets/gb2005/05chap6.pdf

Nobody likes paying taxes but actually in the UK we still pay significantly less than in most other European countries. The total government income as a percentage of national income in the UK is 40% compared to 45 -55% in most other industrialised European countries including France, Gerrmany and Italy. If the chancellor were to reduce fuel duty he would have to compensate by raising taxes elsewhere. If we were to move to a tax wedge of 30% like in the US we would have to get used to a radically different culture of reduced public services and private healthcare.

Wages in the UK are also amongst the highest in Europe as is gdp per capita.

I'm not sure we really have that much to complain about....

http://www.oecd.org/document/57/0,3343,en_...1_1_1_1,00.html

http://www.ifs.org.uk/budgets/gb2005/05chap6.pdf

Thanks for p :tsktsk: ing on our bonfire :D still think we pay too much for fuel and road tax though :duh:

yes but most of the roads in them european contries are in alot better condition than ours, true they have toll roads etc but take france, you dont get any road works during the day, there roads are alot healthier than ours, yet they pay less on fuel and tax than we do and im sure they have alot more roads to deal with than the uk.

The point is nearly all of my monthly wage goes into petrol and tax to get me to work and back, which is pointless, and with the fuel prices getting higher and higher it wont be long before i'll have to get a job closer to home.

why should we pay so much tax and **** when the government gives it all away to illigal immigrants, and forighn prisoners?!?! i wouldn't mind so much if at the end of the day we was actually gonna get a good pension, or i could actually afford to buy a house, or the roads i drive down where nice and smooth. everywhere i look i see out of work bums earnin more money than i do because teh government pays them so much they stay out of work for an easy life.

how is it that immigrants come to this country, dont work, dont pay tax, dont do anythign except drive around in there fancy new bmw's and are given houses when i cant get a flat on the housing list for another 30 years? and i work my arse off paying tax and national insurance???

This country could be run so much better im sure of it, its a joke taht we just roll over and except everythign the government throw at us, we where brittish and should be proud of that... well im not, i hate this country and i hate what its become. :(

Rant on my friend, you are sooo right the roads are only slightly better than driving on fields (is that why so many people drive 4x4's). To be fair it's not all imigrants who sponge off the state there are a couple of poles live by me with 2 kids and they work hard and have bought there own stuff and want to live here full time rather than earning as much as poss from this country then going back home rich. It's not just car related stuff we pay too much for it's food, child care, prescriptions, dentists, mortgages need I go on,(but saying that anything you buy in the shops costs more because of high fuel prices, hauliers can't afford fuel without putting up there prices so the goods there moving have to cost more to cover that cost) we just need a government who live within the realms of reallity rather than getting allowences for 2nd homes, chauffer driven(high co2) cars and a couple of hundred grand a year too boot. :angry:

i agree totally but were im stuffed is, my insurance is paid monthly, my petrol and running costs are paid as and when they are needed butt paying your road tax 400 pound + will have to be paid instantly in full and its not a easy amount too find if you get what i mean

Just a suggestion, could all Forum's not link together for a national day of whatever....

Know there are TT, Scooby, Evo, BMW, Audi, Ford, Vauxhall & a few other Forums, if all forums agree to meet up at set locations together, it may be a good day out.... Not proposing a protest or anything like that, just a nice day out with a few thousand friends for a nice slow drive....

Maybe even invite Mr J Clarkson along, sure he would be up for it. :)

Just start one of those waste of time emails please forward on to 5 friends... This one won't bring you good luck, but may bring fuel & road tax down

If I had a diesel I'd be running it on chip oil right now, declaring how many litres I'm putting in, of course!

"Yeah, I only use about 10 litres a month, rest is diesel. Honest."

will people up for this, will people actually come out and have a demonstration, im sure if we got 1000's of peopel and cars out someone will listen, even if it sparks somethign bigger and more people listening and wanting to do somethign about it?

where would we hold such a demonstration?

i'll start 1 of these e-mails and see what happens, btu really need some kinda location and some proper sense behind it as im sure ive not made 100% sense at all lol

how is it that immigrants come to this country, dont work, dont pay tax, dont do anythign except drive around in there fancy new bmw's and are given houses when i cant get a flat on the housing list for another 30 years? and i work my arse off paying tax and national insurance???

Well said Tom, I couldn't agree more

......I hate this country and I hate what its become. :(

a slightly diferent take on this one...

I love my Country, but hate what it is becoming

Guest inicol63

Wozza is that the moto of our chairman.

I love my Country, but hate what it is becoming

We are on the look out for someone to push forward a drive or march with other car clubs to show our feelings to the lousy goverment.

wozza for chairman

wozza for chairman

hehe

You only need to be seconded

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links