Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Is 300

I was hoping someone could assist.

I currently own an IS 200 Sport and allthough I'm very happy with the car I was thinking about an upgrade if you like.

I'm in no desperate hurry but I would like to buy next an IS 300 in Strathcarron Blue with Sat Nav, Full Leather Interior, e-shifts on the steerring wheel and the 11 spoke alloys.

First is that spec available in an IS 300? if so can anyone help??

Thanks.

IS300s are so rare but I'm sure you can find it eventually. With regards to spec, everything you've requested is fine, except if you want strathcaron blue, you've narrowed it down to cars from a '51' plate to a '53' plate, which means it also won't have the 11 spoke alloys unless they've been fitted afterwards.

IS300s are so rare but I'm sure you can find it eventually. With regards to spec, everything you've requested is fine, except if you want strathcaron blue, you've narrowed it down to cars from a '51' plate to a '53' plate, which means it also won't have the 11 spoke alloys unless they've been fitted afterwards.

Thanks Parthiban,

That's what I should, I suppose I could buy one and then fit the 11 Spokes after or do a Swap.

Thanks for your help, oh what would be a competive price to pay from my point of view, it would require Full Lexus Service History?

They're so rare so I don't think you'll be able to be too strict on price if you find the car you want.........a quick search on the Lexus website though, found a strathcaron blue one, '52' plate, satnav, 18" alloys, 50k miles, for £11,995.

Is that the sort of price you were thinking of? That's the only one on there that's strath blue with satnav..........parker's values that car at £8,720 (minus the 18" alloys) so they're obviously charging a premium as they're so rare..........

They're so rare so I don't think you'll be able to be too strict on price if you find the car you want.........a quick search on the Lexus website though, found a strathcaron blue one, '52' plate, satnav, 18" alloys, 50k miles, for £11,995.

Is that the sort of price you were thinking of? That's the only one on there that's strath blue with satnav..........parker's values that car at £8,720 (minus the 18" alloys) so they're obviously charging a premium as they're so rare..........

Thanks you've been a great help.

Yes the £11.995 is a bit out.

Gord,

Thanks for also helping I've gone through the Autotrader but there is no IS 300 in the Strath Blue, I did however find an IS 200 in Strach Blue, now that would be ok because allthough it wasn't the IS 300 it did have the 11 spoke alloys, but NO full leather's and no Sat Nav.

Even if I found an IS 200 Sport with same spec I would probably consider it.

http://www.mccarthycars.co.uk/pages/stock_...asp?car_id=4724

im seriosuly considering having a look at this one, dependent upon how much its going to cost extra in insurance

Yes I was looking at that this morning Full History and full spec and the price I think is fair.

First thing I would do is go to Laptab in B'ham and get those alloys Black Chromed.

Have you seen this one matey not sure how far it is away from you though, plus it hasnt got sat nav but the price and mileage looks ok and got a full sevice history :)

CLICK ME

:D

Yes I've seen that too.

but I'm not sure if that is Strath Blue and not having the Sat Nav is quiet a minus point.

i've got the sat nav in mine and to be honest its not the best, i was thinking of taking mine out and changing it to a dvd screen :whistling:

im seriosuly considering having a look at this one, dependent upon how much its going to cost extra in insurance

That one looks very nice, although looks again as though the prices of nice cars are artificially high. That's not even a Lexus dealer and they've got it up at that price.........if only my IS200 held its value that well!

Btw, the IS300 only came out at the exact point they switched to strathcaron blue, so IS300s are only available in strath blue, or montrose blue if its '04' plate onwards, and the difference between those two is pretty obvious! :)

I hate this thread though, I had put out of my mind thoughts of swapping to a late (perhaps 05 model) IS300 but it's all coming back now........ :crybaby:

That one looks very nice, although looks again as though the prices of nice cars are artificially high. That's not even a Lexus dealer and they've got it up at that price.........if only my IS200 held its value that well!

Btw, the IS300 only came out at the exact point they switched to strathcaron blue, so IS300s are only available in strath blue, or montrose blue if its '04' plate onwards, and the difference between those two is pretty obvious! :)

I hate this thread though, I had put out of my mind thoughts of swapping to a late (perhaps 05 model) IS300 but it's all coming back now........ :crybaby:

i thought it looked a bit overprived too! maybe a bargaining point would be to get the cambelt done (if it hasnt been done at 60k)

There has been a change in plans now, after some careful thinking I have decided against the Strach Blue, instead now I want to go for a Silver or if possible IDEALLY Gun Metal Grey IS 300 with the same spec i.e Full Leather, Sat Nav, E-Shifts Full Lexus Service etc etc but also with the Sports Kit etc i.e. the extact same as this one http://www.mccarthycars.co.uk/pages/stock_...asp?car_id=4724

Now I rang the guy there and I believe he's asking way to much for it and he's not even prepared to negotiate. The last service was done at 58,000 so now anyone who buys it will have to get the timing belt changed and do another service to bring it up to date, I also feel the mileage is a tad high.

Put it this way Lexus Brighton have got one, guess what in Strach Blue without the Sports Kit and 39,000 on the clock plus all their warranty etc for £9,300 so how can this guy want what he wants?

I welcome your thoughts

just put a deposit down on a is 300 with all the features you want apart from 11 spoke alloys done 41k full service history 51 plate for 6800 was gonna get a scooby but my missus said she liked the lexus so change my mind just cant decide what to get 1st either sport exhaust or bigger alloys

just put a deposit down on a is 300 with all the features you want apart from 11 spoke alloys done 41k full service history 51 plate for 6800 was gonna get a scooby but my missus said she liked the lexus so change my mind just cant decide what to get 1st either sport exhaust or bigger alloys

That seems like a good deal, what was the price before you negotiated down and has it got the Sports Kit (Aero Pack)?

Mine is the wrong colour for you, but it seems much lower mileage, and much better value than some you have seen. Plus being a '54 plate it has the headlamps with a dark background.

If you are at all tempted, I am quite close to you, just off M1 J39. Sorry to hijack.

I managed to buy an `51 plate is300 last week, in platinum ice with all options except the satnav (latest tomtom works so well), full service history and 33,000 on the clock.

Negotiated down to £6,300.

Found on autotrader the day it went on, drove 100+ miles for it but mmmm, worth it. I recommend you just check everyday. Good luck.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links