Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All,

Got a call from the dealer (Lexus Cheltenham) on Thrusday asking me to let them pick the car up as it was subject to a recall.

They picked it up this morning and delivered it back this afternoon, all fixed, fully cleaned inside and out, filled the tank up and even left two bottles of wine on the back seat.

They said the recall was to replace the 5th injector as it causes a fault VDIM warning light.

All in all very impressed......so well done Lexus Cheltenham!

Anyone else had a call for the same?

Cheers and friday beers!!

Matt

Hi Matt.

I bought my 220d Sport from Cheltenham Lexus at the beginning of April.

I see you joined in Feb 08, how old is your car?

I've also followed the 5th Injector thread on this site, will my car have already been dealt with or is it likely to be recalled.

Are there any clues

still waiting for DVLA with my plate change (should be done by Thursday next week )

But i have already been in touch with Lexus Birmingham

and the service Dept told me

when i get the car book it in as it is due a recall for the

Injector and ECU Update

and they will put £45 Diesel in tank and some complmentery bottles of wine

seems very nice as i have purchased the car from Stratstone group (non Lexus dealer)

So well done to Birmingham Lexus :winky:

Hi All,

Got a call from the dealer (Lexus Cheltenham) on Thrusday asking me to let them pick the car up as it was subject to a recall.

They picked it up this morning and delivered it back this afternoon, all fixed, fully cleaned inside and out, filled the tank up and even left two bottles of wine on the back seat.

They said the recall was to replace the 5th injector as it causes a fault VDIM warning light.

All in all very impressed......so well done Lexus Cheltenham!

Anyone else had a call for the same?

Cheers and friday beers!!

Matt

been informed that my car needs to have the fifth injector change,it will be interesting to see if there is any change to my current tank average of 41.8.

Hi retyred

Car was registered March 2007, no signes anything was wrong - although some good news, before recall my best MPG was 27-29, now 33-35, I'm not that fussed about the economy so probably could get more if I drove it differently.

Thanks

Matt

I just rang my local dealership and asked them if it had had the 5th injector mod done. They told me it hadn't and booked it in. I can't say there is any difference in the mileage on mine; it still returns 34mpg around town and mid 40s on a run with a few overtakes thrown in. I got the mod done because I didn't want to go into limp home mode when it suddenly choked up on me.

Mine went in for a recall on some fuel pipes. Car came back with bottle of champagne, full valet anf fulltank fuel. GS300 though

Mine went in for a recall on some fuel pipes. Car came back with bottle of champagne, full valet and full tank fuel. GS300 though

Mine went in for a recall on some fuel pipes. Car came back with bottle of champagne, full valet and full tank fuel. GS300 though

I just had the fuel pipe recall done on my 55 plate IS250. The car was in for 60k service anyway and dealer called me during service to advise they would need car longer to do fuel pipe work.

They also swapped the loan car i had, IS220D, for a GS450h, as I was visiting the parents in scotland over a long weekend, and the other half only has auto license. Was nice having the GS450h for the long weekend, and made the 1200 mile round trip more pleasant :D

I must say, what a great car, so much power, but so quiet and comfortable...so much so the other half never got to drive much as I was enjoying it so much :D

Got mine back from dealer, with full tank, bottle of champagne, and full valet... so well done to Lexus Brighton for a great service.

Darren

I got the full tank of fuel, but no plonk! Is that standard...or was I short changed????

The wife said she thought the delivery person said there was some champagne in the car, but we never found it!

Anyway - it does not improve the economy - the flat spot is still as bad at times, so it'll stop safe mode only. That's what I think.

Far too many issues...especially when Lexus's are supposed to be almost 100% fault free...the last 2 years have been a motoring night mare, and I wish I could afford to change it...

I got the full tank of fuel, but no plonk! Is that standard...or was I short changed????

The wife said she thought the delivery person said there was some champagne in the car, but we never found it!

Anyway - it does not improve the economy - the flat spot is still as bad at times, so it'll stop safe mode only. That's what I think.

Far too many issues...especially when Lexus's are supposed to be almost 100% fault free...the last 2 years have been a motoring night mare, and I wish I could afford to change it...

a part time job maybe?

still waiting for DVLA with my plate change (should be done by Thursday next week )

But i have already been in touch with Lexus Birmingham

and the service Dept told me

when i get the car book it in as it is due a recall for the

Injector and ECU Update

and they will put £45 Diesel in tank and some complmentery bottles of wine

seems very nice as i have purchased the car from Stratstone group (non Lexus dealer)

So well done to Birmingham Lexus :winky:

Good news i get my car tomorrow :hehe:

and Stratstone have taken it to Lexus Birmingham for me

had the injector changed and latest update on ECU also checked some other valve for clogging

£45 of diesel in tank and told me to collect drink from them as they did not want to give it to Stratstone ha ha

and i now pick up my car tonight Thursday at 6pm

after work. Yahhhoooooooooo

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links