Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A/c Control Unit Bulbs

Hi there,

First off i'm driving a 2000 reg IS200 and much to my dismay, some of the bulbs have blown in my A/C control unit. I've had a quick look on the net for either replacement bulbs or even red led's, but the information some of the sites have given me is quite vague.

What i'd like to know is what is part number or particular size code of the bulbs i need?

Thanks

Have a word with Sparkystav, Fargo as these clever guys have changed the bulbs in theirs.

I believe however it is a delicate & time consuming task, & plenty skill with a soldering iron is needed.

They do sometimes come up on E-Bay, search for IS200 breaking is probably your best bet.

Hi there,

First off i'm driving a 2000 reg IS200 and much to my dismay, some of the bulbs have blown in my A/C control unit. I've had a quick look on the net for either replacement bulbs or even red led's, but the information some of the sites have given me is quite vague.

What i'd like to know is what is part number or particular size code of the bulbs i need?

Thanks

If you want to keep the original orange colour its a very easy job to do, i dont know the PN or type of bulbs but i just went to the dealer and replaced all the bulbs myself - they have orange condoms on them and bulbs are built into a plastic holder.

Yeah i was thinking just go to the dealer (not that kind of dealer) for the bulbs, i think they're a few quid each. Mine's just a bit out of the way, that's all. I'm gonna have to have a look round the car and maybe demand some bolts and stuff that can replace corroded ones on the car, that's what i did last time when i needed some coolant. :winky:

Had my a/c controls out the other day and the bulbs are a different type from what i've got spare, there similar to the ones in the heated seat buttons and the snow/trc off buttons, don't know what size they are but they come built into the holder which turns and then pops out as one unit, I don't think these are dealer only though because I got a replacement for my snow button from my local motor store, best thing to do is take the bulbs out and see if anywhere independant stock them, I think I paid about 20p for the one I got. Word of advice though matey when you undo the 4 screws from the back of the a/c control and unclip the unit DO IT VERY CAREFULLY slowly ease the clips top and bottom until it comes apart otherwise you'll have the problem i've now got, (see my post clock/outside temp display stopped working) the unit is very sensitive and breaks very easily. :)

There are 2 different sizes needed I think it was 3 of the ones Chris mentioned above and 3 smaller which i'm sure had T5 on them best to make sure before ordering, I think i'll be getting some blue ones soon tho thanks for the item number Chris :D

I'm sure the T5's were the smaller ones but I could well be wrong.

Can't remember how many but i'll take it back apart on Friday and find out and let you know, i might aswell mess around with mine to find out as it's already cream crackered :angry:

sweet. il get them ordered!!

and im taking it that u need the t3's for the heated seat buttons?

Don't order yet, let me check 2morrow i'll post up sum pics of the unit opened up and of the bulbs needed, as for the heated seats just pull the unit out unclip the buttons and have a looky 2min job if that ;)

i now have 3 aircon units due to a mix up with one of my mates getting me one at the same time as i got one!!

got it in front of me..

T3 for the clock and seats and various switches, T4 for the other lights and t5 for the dash..

can post a pic if anybody needs it??

Pic of the a/c controls opened up. Not the best but you can see the back of 3 brown neo wedge bulbs these are the T5's across the top you can see the back of 2 black bulbs theses are the T3's and on the right hand side there is a single black bulb which is the T4.

aircon.jpg

These are the bulbs taken out, right to left T5, T4, T3.

bulbs.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links