Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Is200 Plans - Opinions Please!

Well, as some of you may know I purchased a nice tidy is200 sport in sapphire blue last month. Many ideas have shot through my head on what simple ways I can modify her, I want to be abit different and not spend the earth. I know absolutely nothing about the 'jap' scene as all I have ever owned is french hatches! :shifty:

img1300bs4.jpg

Plans are to lower her aided by the tein flex kit & wait for it! Replace the two rear wheels for some multispoke aftermarket jobbies, along the line of these...

oz%20super%20t.jpg

OZ Super T's - but in luminous yellow/green like so...

244_lg.jpg

Modeled by some lovely young lady.

So all in all, the standard IS 17's would stay on the front (possibly powdercoated black/anthracite) and the rears replaced by some whacky coloured multispoke 18's. Aswell as sitting low enough to lose the arch gap. This would simply be for shows & maybe track days, bot general road use, I would stay on my standard 17's for that. :whistling:

So what do you guys think? Worth doing or will I look stupid?! :D

Ry

Not sure about the different wheel combo myself. Someone on here had got luminous orange wheels which I thought looked pretty good and quite unique, but that was all four wheels.

Rikos - It does sound silly yes, but sometimes this kind of thing can work! :)

TigerFish - Sounds cool, do you know what their username is, or a link to some pictures maybe?

Hmmm I think it would all come out a little wrong imo. However i think the "lovely young tart" would make a great accesory to the car!

Seriouslty though i'm a fan of the Super Ts and think they would look great on all corners lowered on the TEINs without the yellow, maybe gunmetal.

Plans are to lower her aided by the tein flex kit & wait for it! Replace the two rear wheels for some multispoke aftermarket jobbies, along the line of these...

oz%20super%20t.jpg

OZ Super T's - but in luminous yellow/green

Corsa springs to mind :lol:

I think the term 'young tart' may not be appropriate - she's wearing a wedding ring. Even if she wasn't it's an unfair assumption to suggest she's a tart. I don't think you'd like it if people made unpleasant assumptoms about you and put them on websites.

I know sometime things like that do work dudi and i would never say you shouldnt do it as at the end of the day it is your car. I was just saying me personally i'm not keen on the idea :D

I wondered how long the tart comment would go unpunished :whistling:

OK, firstly, congratulations on your move from French hatchs to Jap luxury. Good move, one you will not regret.

Lower it: YES.

OZ Wheels: Yeh, if you like them.

Florescent paint: Maybe - It can look cool and if you wanna be a bit different, then go for it.

If you change and/paint the wheels, please do ALL FOUR of them. There's a car near me with mis-matched wheels, every time i see him i think (or say) "Look at that stupid muppet with mis-matched wheels!"

(These are just my opinions, which you asked for! But it's your car...)

Thanks for the replies. I did expect a can of worms on this idea, it's just something I was toying with when I was out and about driving my van. Quite a few track cars do this kind of thing. I expect I will probably look like an idiot so I probably won't bother then.

WylieCoyote - I apologise if you really do find that offensive. In fairness it's the internet so peoples assumptions/opinions about me would not bother me in the slightest, but that's just me.

Original post edited to stop any bother.

OK, firstly, congratulations on your move from French hatchs to Jap luxury. Good move, one you will not regret.

Lower it: YES.

OZ Wheels: Yeh, if you like them.

Florescent paint: Maybe - It can look cool and if you wanna be a bit different, then go for it.

If you change and/paint the wheels, please do ALL FOUR of them. There's a car near me with mis-matched wheels, every time i see him i think (or say) "Look at that stupid muppet with mis-matched wheels!"

(These are just my opinions, which you asked for! But it's your car...)

Agreed, but IMHO paint wheels are chav and tacky unless they are on a stripped out racecar, theres nothing worse than a car with an identity/genre crisis (stripped out, heavy wheels, full ice, boy racer bumpers, OEM style side skirts), think about what your aiming for Hardcore track car? JDM, VIP style, Showcar, ICE car, Classy slow, Classy fast, the possibilities are endless but generally less is more.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links