Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bracknell Jap Car Meet

Claire G

Fidget, Chris and the North of Watford contingency (!), there shouldn't be any issue with turning up at the hotel earlier. If you prefer, we're only about 5 mins away from the venue and you're welcome to roll up here first if you prefer. I'm sure I could even rustle up a decent cuppa and a bacon sarnie or two ;)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The services have a BP garage, I'm not sure about a Jet Wash, but I used to live around there, so I know one or two places in Reading, as for Bracknell, I couldn't tell you. Claire???

Ian do you know if this services we're meeting at has a Jet wash ?

Or if there is somewhere close to the site in Bracknell ?

Come off M4 J12, head towards Theale/Thatcham/Newbury on the A4. About 5 miles down the road (Woolhampton) on your right is a garage with a good jet wash (I think the garage is an Esso one, you can't miss it).

From there to the Coppid Beach Hotel is about 25 mins.

Can't think of any others between the M4 J12 and the Coppid Beach.

Yeah it's fine for your mate to come along too.

I'm not too sure where the nearest jet wash is to the Coppid Beech. There is a garage opposite and they may have one. I'll go and have a look later.

For info--directly opposite the Hotel(& next to Lexus dealer) is a Shell garage with a standard car wash,as opposed to a jet wash :unsure:

Hey Zee are you going or what ?

still not sure yet pal.... will know for defo on saturday, so will give you a call....

It's Saturday bud, you going or not ?

Chris

I do not have much experience of car washes as I always clean the car at home. Why Jet Wash and not Standard Wash? What is the difference?

Normal carwashes with rollers scratch the :tsktsk: out of your car!

Never take it through a carwash!!! It's a more loving way to do it anyway by hand, and at least a jetwash is good for getting the grime of without scouring the surface!

Asam

Spot on! Go thru a standard car wash and aside from the fact that it misses half the dirt, you might as well take some fine grade glasspaper to your car! :duh:

Now jet-wash is great for getting into all those little crevices, but I wouldn't use those brushes you see in some of them. Most of the time they're left on the ground and so will be full of grit!

Saw a guy queueing up for the standard car wash this morning while I was filling up. '02 reg 3 series bimmer - well that figures... ;) :whistling:

Cheers

I have used what are now called the standard car wash when they first came out years ago. Rollers side and top which only cleaned half the car. Had forgotten about that, I think it was a Vauxhall Viva ( Not one of my better cars!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk