Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Powerflow Exhausts

Anyone currently using a PowerFlow exhaust system on their Is200?

I would appreciate any noise level /tone /performance gains feedback.

I've read the 'official exhaust' topic but this seems unchanged since 2003! I live about 10mins away from my nearest PowerFlow center making it very convenient for me.

I had a Powerflow exhaust on my previous car. It was too loud - but that's not the issue. Powerflow - from what I know of them - are best in turbocharged applications where the turbo(s) is acting as a baffle and reducing the noise and the the Powerflow exhaust is acting primarily as a straight-through exhaust. And with turbo applications the more gas you can get out of the system, the better.

With normally aspirated engines it's a whole different ball-game.

I've found that free-flowing exhausts sound ok but dull the performance. What you need is a system that's balance to the car... And I'm afraid I don't know of one. But, my advice is don't go for one that's fundamentally loud - it won't deliver the best performance.

You'd be better finding a respected bespoke builder of exhaust systems - they'll know what to do...

Good luck

jack

Or an HKS Hi Power Silent like mine! It's silent but powerful, as the name suggests!

Go for HKS/Blitz/Veilside/Kantana...something Jap and decent.

I have seen evidence (dyno) of a Powerflow system LOOSING power compared to standard, on at least two occasions as well. (Though both on Fords!) The Focus dropped 5 bhp!

Powerflow can sound very nice, but beware - I'd stay well clear if i were you.

Thanx for the feedback guys, much appreciated.

I'm in no hurry for one as it will still take me a few weeks to sort bodywork out, plus it's only running on 5 ATM!

The Powerflow is fine on the Civic as it's got no torque & starts making power at about 4500K & revs to 8200K so lack of back pressure is not a big deal.

The Lex, however is a totally different car, seems to rely more on backpressure as its got alot of torque.

I'll let you know what I go for & report back.

Nah you want a Veilside titanium like mine lovely sound to it :D

got to agree with that, it does sound gorgeous :D

Cheers Barrie :D i still want to hear it from outside the car though, so looks like i'll have to let someone give it a spin so i can hear it from the outside for a change :)

Is it a Northants Powerflow dealer you've been looking at? If so which one? As I've been to a few when looking at getting my full free flowing 3" system and had very mixed experiences. :crying:

Is it a Northants Powerflow dealer you've been looking at? If so which one? As I've been to a few when looking at getting my full free flowing 3" system and had very mixed experiences. :crying:

It's CC Customs in Wellingborough, Leyland Trading Estate (01933 445255).

I've done some business with him before, top bloke, get on well with him.

Anyone had an Apexi N1 & do ProlexUK still do exhaust systems?

got 1 janspeed 1 kazama 2 former not too loud and OEM style latter jap style and a bit louder.

concentrate on HKS/Blitz now so when the above are gone they are gone

I've seen and had work done by them and was not impressed at all. :tsktsk:

hi ya i think the prob with powerflow is that its custom made so it all depends on the man that builds it 4 u. i had twin rage exhausts on mine when i got the car and was told it was done by powerflow near london the work looked awful underneath. pipe weilded onto standerd pipe after centre box. but the thing with it was it sounded good. not loud just a nice subtle tone and i love the look of the twin boxes sticking out the back. if i was getting a single box tho i would keep to the big name cos u know what your getting.

got 1 janspeed 1 kazama 2 former not too loud and OEM style latter jap style and a bit louder.

concentrate on HKS/Blitz now so when the above are gone they are gone

Thanx for the info m8, just need a bit more.

Interested in the Kazama & Blitz, could I have a price please? Are these cat backs or rear boxes?

Also where abouts in London are you based?

Pm me, I tried but your inbox if full!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links