Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Clock/outside Temp Display

Andy-R

Just fitted my HID fog lamp bulbs :D then fitted the LED dash bulbs blue :D then thought i'd take a look at the a/c control bulbs to see how easy they are to change so took it all apart unplugged the wiring from the back of the controls checked the bulbs took the orange hats off them for now and put it back together, made sure everything was lit up and working before fixing back to the console everything works but the clock display is gone it lights up just no digits, any ideas why :question:

Cheers in advance ;)

fuse?

Don't think so matey everything else works the clock display even lights up just no numbers, can't see there being seperate fuse just for the clock surely the a/c fuse will do it all but I may be wrong.

Cheers :)

if it is a fuse it is in the Drivers side kick panel, they are listed on the inside cover what does what.

I pesonally think it isn't the fuse as the radio would be out and it wouldn't light up, (same fuse) but

more likely a connector problem or you have accidentally made it go kaput.

Ask Stav or Fargo as they have had theirs out on more than one occasion. (oops :winky:)

Yep everythings defo connected properly checked it about a million times before screwing back into the console, wish it was a fuse but i'm 99% sure it's not, think your closer to the mark Wozza, was just thinking the same thing STAV HELP, thanks guys. :)

Or Fargo or anyone.

If you don't read this Stav expect a PM. Thanks matey.

erm how will he expect it if he hasn't read this ? QED :lol:

I hope I'm wrong bud, as it could mean an E-Bay/Scrap yard hunt for new A/c controller.

The only good thing is you would have a spare to experiment your blue LED's on.

erm how will he expect it if he hasn't read this ? QED :lol:

I hope I'm wrong bud, as it could mean an E-Bay/Scrap yard hunt for new A/c controller.

The only good thing is you would have a spare to experiment your blue LED's on.

Can't expect it just a joke to try and cheer myself up ;)

I hope your wrong too matey, i've looked on e-bay £70 plus £8 postage :ohmy:

I'm hoping it's one of the little connector things just need re soldering but it's prob not that easy :tsktsk:

There are two feeds to it MPX-B and 10A Radio1 fuse. MPX-B controls only a few things so you tend not to notice. Does your trip meter reset?

The lighting for it is separate so I wouldn't get worried just yet that it is working and nothing else is.

If I remember rightly, it gets its ground from another connector - have you double checked all what appear to be non-related connectors behind there? Just in case? Its a pain but worth a go.

The Radio, Blowers, a/c all work, the trip reset still works, the only thing I disconected was the 2 plugs in the back of the a/c control. I undid the 4 screws unclipped the caseing took the bulbs out de-hatted them and put them back in. The only thing I can think it will be is there is a white strip of wires/connectors/something with very thin pin things on either end(not very technical I know but it's the best way I can describe it)I think one of the connections has come off but i've no idea which one or how to fix it.

Thanks.

Aha - I wonder if it is the mylar strip? Its like a flat plastic with metal areas of a few millimeters on?

If so, make sure it is pushed home properly. Sometimes there is a small plastic edge on the header it plugs into that you lift to get it back in if you see what I mean. Once the strip is in, you push this edge back down, locking and making a good connection.

Do you have a picture of the white strip you are talking about?

Either way, it looks like you are going to have to pop the unit out and re-trace all your steps. I reckon its the mylar strip/ribbon cable not connecting properly. Although annoying, its not bad news yet mate!

Do you have a picture of the white strip you are talking about?

Either way, it looks like you are going to have to pop the unit out and re-trace all your steps. I reckon its the mylar strip/ribbon cable not connecting properly. Although annoying, its not bad news yet mate!

Mylar strip that must be the white strip thingy, I think 1 one of the little connectors on that has broke. Will try and hav a look 2 day.

• 4 months later...

slight rehash of an old topic but i've done the same.

all i did was change the bulbs, put back together and to display, but the lights come on.

its annoying me now, did anyone find a fix?

i dont wanna buy a new unit, i've got three of the buggers now

slight rehash of an old topic but i've done the same.

all i did was change the bulbs, put back together and to display, but the lights come on.

its annoying me now, did anyone find a fix?

i dont wanna buy a new unit, i've got three of the buggers now

No mate it's had it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links