Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is 200 2.0 Sportcross

Hi all, Im a newbie.... I am thinking about buying the Lexus IS 200, is this for the older generation ie 50's age group or can I get away with it being in my mid 30's, I have never owned a lexus before and would like some advise if possible. :whistling:

Cheers

hi and welcome to loc,

im 26 and have an is200 and theres people on here as young as 18 that have theirs so its all up to you i originaly thought a gs or ls was for over 50's but id still love one its not based on age to what car you drive

Hi all, Im a newbie.... I am thinking about buying the Lexus IS 200, is this for the older generation ie 50's age group or can I get away with it being in my mid 30's, I have never owned a lexus before and would like some advise if possible. :whistling:

Cheers

Mid thirties, hmmm I am older generation as per then! Just read thro the posts and you will see that you're on the older side like me ! Oldies car, the IS, NAH ! good for driving, mods, info, reliability, and performance (if you know how to drive it) mines the 3 litre to show you whippersnappers a clean pair of heels !

Just make sure you get a good one, take it to Dr Bones for alignments, and off ya go.

I will wear a helmet when driving, Stig style, so I don't upset you if you see me overtaking! welcome to the forum :D

I think your be fine in an IS mate, I was 22 when I got mine now 26 and still wouldnt replace it. Always makes me chuckle though, whenever I see another IS200 on the road the driver is always in there twilight years .

140,000 on the clock still running sweet.

I think your be fine in an IS mate, I was 22 when I got mine now 26 and still wouldnt replace it. Always makes me chuckle though, whenever I see another IS200 on the road the driver is always in there twilight years .

I was 23 when I got my IS, now 29. Also got 32,000 miles left before I catch up to you.

twilight years ??? .....cheeky sod!! B)

Cheers

My boyfriend and i have just bought our second IS200 Sport, We bought the first one when he was 23 and i was 19, I think the car would suit any age group :D

Do you know which model of the IS your going to get? I would recommend a sport :) Finsing one with low mileage will be a task but if you read other topics you'll find out that high mileage on these cars really isn't an issue if they've been well looked after!

Good luck with your search!

Cheers

Yeah its a Lexus IS 200 Sportscross, I have attached a picture

Lg570538-01.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers

Yeah its a Lexus IS 200 Sportscross, I have attached a picture

Lg570538-01.jpg

Hi Mate

See that is Evans Autos

I got my IS300 Sportcross from there a while ago - & am about to sell it

Its Black, just had wheels refurbed, near 85k, 2 ownders including me!

"you can have either engine in the aesthetically challenged Sportcross body"!
I think the SportCross looks stunning - and it's much less common than those ordinary saloons.

My 300 SportCross has done 2,700 miles in the past 5 weeks, on holiday from Derbyshire to Shetland (out via Aberdeen, back via Orkney and the north coast of Scotland), then 2 trips to my Dad's in North Yorkshire, plus a load of commuting and then this weekend to Heathrow, to Liverpool (taking folks to the IOM ferry) and home. A right mixture of motorway, A road and minor road, and it's performed fantastically and moved all the stuff and people asked of it. Practical, comfortable and fun. What more could you ask? Well, perhaps a bit more than 26.2mpg, but in reality I reckon that's not too bad.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links