Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've heard alot of people upgrade their air filters to the K&N air filter. i'm just wondering if they are any good, how are they meant to be cleaned? my current OEM one is really dirty with lots of things in their like dry grass, bird feathers and lots of other things. I am just wondering if it is worth cleaning or if its worth going for a K&N. i've found a K&N on eBay, can anyone tell me if that is any good? item number: 280245767411

Thanks

I've had two, one before the supercharger installation and one after for the TTE air box. Doesn't make a huge difference in terms of performance, a little more responsive and if nothing else, they sound a bit nicer :winky:

just purchased one from demon-tweeks.co.uk. reasonable priced too with a discount. anyone know where in the bonnet they go though. lol. can't find the location in the manual??

thanks

You'll need to remove the front and drivers side engine covers..dead easy, just push in the centre pin of the retainers and pull out. Reset them opening the 'legs' of each pin while pushing the central pin back up. The centre cover just pulls up and off from a spring clip at the rear and two pin locators towards the front.

28062008011iy6.jpg

You should then be looking at (only yours will have a rubber concertina type inlet tube, not aluminium):

28062008009vr9.jpg

Unclip the top box and lift out the old filter (yours will not look like that as that's a Blitz full flow filter):

28062008008mx7.jpg

Reverse the process after dropping in the new filter.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links