Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheelie Bin Camera

DUNCAN

New all time low for our countries police forces......

Although I don't condone speeding on our urban roads, I myself, an other collegues of mine have spotted these camera's

What else will they come up with??????

The moral of the stoy is.....DON'T SPEED ON "BIN DAYS". :lol:

post-32-1050006510.jpg

well chris.. i have seen one in the back of a police van behind tints

they were pulling people over

Yeah but most of them are marked up as mobile camera's (seen them in Cardiff last year)

Load of 'rubbish'.

I'd 'refuse' to pay

Anyway, if you stuck an extra bin-bag of rubbish next to your reg. plate round our way, they wouldn't take it.

Sorry; but I know for sure, there are none of these in Gtr. Manchester. (agree with wildrnes, sure these are used on the continent, possibly Holland)

The bins are only used in Holland at the moment, and the high top Transit with tinted rear windows is a number plate recognition unit which interacts with a database stored on a laptop.

These were first used in Manchester but recently saw service in Birmingham and more latterly close to Heathrow Airport.

Note also that the yellow cameras are about to revert to grey again.....

Happy Easter!

The wheelie bin camera and other forms of disguised cameras are down right disgusting. Nothing to do with road safety but just adding extra money to the police coffers. This is now a form of indirect taxation and the procedures adopted are likely to be challenged under the European Rights legislation. I shall engage in some research in order to ascertain the legalities of such practices. I feel very angry that police forces are stooping so low at a time when public confidence in them needs to be renewed.

Hi Guys

No wheelie bin cameras in Norfolk but be careful with the numberplate recognition vans as the Norfolk one now has one camera for tax dogers (good thing in my opinion) and the other one is a speed camera, totally stealth no signs within 300m as regulation requires if the force is taking the revenue from the fines. We also have spotted yesterday a slow moving traffic car with a radar gun rear facing mounted on the roof, causing a hazard for eveyone who has to go around it as it is usually lurking around bends.

Norfolk used to be a reasonable place but with a new chief constable at the reigns cameras are sprouting up every where of course street crime and crime against property is also increasing dramatically, not so easy to catch thiefs as it is to persicute road users.

Sorry just my thoughts.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links