Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Off To Wim

Abbas

Hi all,

I am finally off to WIM first thing in the morning, I have waited a while for this day so as you can guess very excited to have the Lexus set up... Really looking forward to the drive back home :D

You guys are making me more excited than I already am! I will be glad all the money spent on replacing the worn bushes attached to the rear axle hub will be worth it...

I Truly enoyed my WIM experience yesterday... Shame, as soon as I got back had to go straight to work, or I would have spent a few hours driving around :).

I would like to say a big thanks to Tony and the WIM team for a great geometry setting, knowledge and information about my car. I really appreciated the way the work was carried out being talked through what was going on and watching whilst Tony was working on my car.

I have not drove much apart from the trip back (85 miles) but i can definitely say...

The car feels much more comfortable at high speeds, before it was twitchy.

It handles a lot better on corners and especially roundabouts (that used to really bug me)

Overall the handling feels a lot more smoother and has improved the way it reacts to imperfections on the road.

Tony stated that the cars geometry settings were in distress and also showed me one of my rear tyres that was out of shape! That was then taken off and swapped for the spare.

Tony also gave me something to think about... the rear height of the car looks too high? I will be investigating this but I am sure it looks lower this morning than it did yesterday? I dont know if the height should change for any reason?

I am really pleased I finally went to see Tony at WIM and had the set up done by an expert. I can also say i learnt alot about my car too...

Oh and yes I do love my car even more now! lol

Just an update...

Went for a nice long drive this afternoon on the local parkways and all I can say is that the drive and handling at high speeds is great! The car was a real pleasure to drive.

I said to myself that I would not do any more to the car but I really feel the need to do something with the suspension to improve the handling even further. Firstly a tyre to replace...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links