Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Quick Shift Kit

Talisker

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about investing in the Prolex Quick Shift Kit for 130squid. Does anyone have this kit already? Can you give me any recommendation? Does it alter the outward appearence of the gear shifter or gaiter?

An answer to any of the questions will be a great help,

Thanks in advance.

Hi.

Can I hijack this for a bit - Apologies .... :whistling:

Is a Quick shift very easy to bung in ? Is it all doable from inside - ie- just take out the centre console etc

Or do you need to venture under the car to line it up or something ?

I've had a TRD short shifter sitting round here for quite a while now.

Instructions looks pretty easy but thought I'd just like to confirm with someone with experience before I wreck something :unsure:

Cheers

TG

jason has a quickie...lol

not sure if it's a prolex........

talk to him....

Jason? Is that his member name? if so i'll drop him a PM.

I do have a quicky :D Mine is a B&M short shift, i believe its the shortest shifter on the market........although not sure how it compares to the prolex version. I have had mine for a few years now and wouldn't want the car without it, its great makes the shift so much more precise and shorter.

Jason :P

Hi.

Can I hijack this for a bit - Apologies .... :whistling:

Is a Quick shift very easy to bung in ? Is it all doable from inside - ie- just take out the centre console etc

Or do you need to venture under the car to line it up or something ?

I've had a TRD short shifter sitting round here for quite a while now.

Instructions looks pretty easy but thought I'd just like to confirm with someone with experience before I wreck something :unsure:

Cheers

TG

really easy Tony.....

I have the B&M as well and i love it.

Takes some getting used to cause its a big more of a clunk to get into reverse but its great.

I've got a thread somewhere on fitting one. I'll try and find it.

Stav

here you go: Click me

Hey, thanks for the advice that'll be next on the list of tweaks. I've just uprated my roll bars and will be having a nice long drive in the country tomorrow to try them out.

By the way i have to ask, Sparky, in your very informative pictures your gear knob looks huge, very knob like in fact. Please tell me this is just a matter of perspective :winky:

I have the prolex one, excelent peice of kit but i somehow managed to break the two plastic washer things that slide into the mount. As a result of this it rattles quite a bit. This could be down to me though as seconds after recieving it i got a phone call from my work asking me to come in so it was a rushed job as i couldn't wait lol. Took me all of about 2 mins. Need to find somewhere to buy replacement parts though.

with the B&M to stop the rattle i just packed more grease into the plastic cup and bent the washer some more to add more tension to the pivot cup

which washer is that??

what sort of grease is best matey??

if it is the same quickshift as the ones from Austria...contact

Waffenschmiede Import & Tuning

(its the same picture on the prolex website)

<a href="http://"http://z4.invisionfree.com/lexusaltezzaclub/index.php?showtopic=6893&hl="" target="_blank">NZ Group buy

</a>

they seem to have been having the same rattle problems after instalation in NZ

Cheers mat, i fired them an e-mail, not quite sure if it was to the rite address as none of their website is in englih lol.

Would like to get it fixed as it was annoying just driving to edinburgh but jae will be a 20hour round trip lol.

with the B&M to stop the rattle i just packed more grease into the plastic cup and bent the washer some more to add more tension to the pivot cup

which washer is that??

what sort of grease is best matey??

there is a wiggle spring , (wiggly shaped) and i used molybodobididibidibinium

don't remember seeing a wiggly shaped spring.....where abouts is it on the shifter??

from memory, there was a metal pin with rounded knuckle end that had a white plastic cup wrapped round it.

there were no other washers involved, just a few hex key nuts to tighten onto the plate...

hmmm 'molybodobididibidibinium', sounds interesting :lol::lol: i have some moly black grease somewhere....might take it all apart if i can be bothered at some point in the future.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links