Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Picking Up My Is 200 On Saturday

Just arranged to pick up my new (well, new to me) IS 200 Sport (Platinum Ice) on Saturday. Woo-hoo, can't wait ! :D

Through browsing the forum I'm already considering painting my brake callipers, getting a sports grille, and arranging for it to be WIM'd. Methinks the start of a slippery slope has begun ! :lol:

Congrats on the car. The three things you mentioned are a good idea - painting brake calipers is dead easy and makes a huge difference to the car - put some Lexus stickers on them too and it transforms them. I don't have a sport grille on mine but I'm pretty certain they're relatibely easy to come by in platinum ice prepainted from dealers. Pretty cheap too I think.

Post pics when you get it.

Keith

:)

Just arranged to pick up my new (well, new to me) IS 200 Sport (Platinum Ice) on Saturday. Woo-hoo, can't wait ! :D

Through browsing the forum I'm already considering painting my brake callipers, getting a sports grille, and arranging for it to be WIM'd. Methinks the start of a slippery slope has begun ! :lol:

Sounds familiar, I just got mine and have already fitted new tyres, sports grill, and hoping to get geometry done soon too!

Congratulations on the new car :)

Welcome. You won't regret it.

At least you are starting with the cheaper mods! Cheap but effective, definatly reccommend sport grill and painting calipers, and getting the geometry sorted, if it has not yet been done.

May i also strongly recomment HID headlights. Under £50 now on eBay, easy to fit. Ask anyone who has them if they would ever wanna drive a car without!!! You will get only one answer!

One more tip..........never leave your Sat Nav on display!

May i also strongly recomment HID headlights. Under £50 now on ebay, easy to fit. Ask anyone who has them if they would ever wanna drive a car without!!! You will get only one answer!

Heh, funny you should mention that. My previous car had Xenons, and I did see some threads on the HIDs, so that was something else I had under consideration ! :lol:

Having been used to Xenons I suspect the standard IS200 headlights are going to seem a tad on the dim side.

Congrat's on your new IS200 Sport.

Picked mine up last Monday and it is also in Platinum Ice - great colour. I am chuffed to bits with mine and the unbeleivable thing about it is that it's only got 24,000 miles on the clock and it is a 52'plate, but have changed that over to my private reg.

Have been thinking of painting the calipers myself.

All the best.

sorry if i am hijacking your thread, but got a few questions,

how much does it cost to buy a sports grill, and where should i look for one? are they easy to fit?

how much does it cost to buy a sports grill, and where should i look for one? are they easy to fit?

@ olusinho

lexus dealer, easy 2 fit and comes with instructions. have to be quick as stocks are getting low and limited colours left :)

@ olusinho

lexus dealer, easy 2 fit and comes with instructions. have to be quick as stocks are getting low and limited colours left :)

thankyou for the quick reply, do you know the cost of these?

and is there any lexus dealers near leicester?

another question, i am sellin my car on wed, so i am lookin for a lexus is now so i can hopefuly go buy it on the same day i sell my car, but there are so many different ones, which one would u recommend? theres the is200 the is 200 sport ,se ,navigator...and i dont know what the differences are.

Part numbers for these are in a pinned thread at the top of the forum ("Factory Part Numbers LGB/TTE). I was quoted £48.32 for one.

Yes, there's a Lexus dealer in Leicester, phone 0116 268 8500.

Part numbers for these are in a pinned thread at the top of the forum ("Factory Part Numbers LGB/TTE). I was quoted £48.32 for one.

Yes, there's a Lexus dealer in Leicester, phone 0116 268 8500.

They have gone up a bit then :ohmy: they was £36 @ my dealers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links