Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Important - Never Deal With Lexus Guildford

Just a word of warning. Be very very very careful if you ever want to ever consider taking out any form of credit deals with shysters Lexus of Guildford.

You'd think they would like to keep me as a valuable customer, wrong. I have had 3 Lexus cars from them before on PCP plans without any problem. Whilst they only were IS200 (2) and a RX300, my present car is an IS300. I had finished all of the PCP plans prematurely and upgarded to new Lexus', no problem. I was thinking of downgrading to something more frugal, not a Lexus of course. I was over half-way through my plan, and as Lexus kept telling me before I could return it anytime and walk away. NOT THIS ****** TIME. They told me to ring the Finance Company, which I did. They said I could not cancel the agreement at all. It was on a HP agreement with a balloon payment, so even at the end (Sept 2009) I had to sell it myself and pay the balloon payment. THERE IS NO FRIGGING WAY I WOULD EVER TAKE OUT THIS SORT OF AGREEMENT. They have misled me because they are shysters and certainly do not value my custom. I would never ever buy another Lexus if it was the last car in the universe. I asked the lying salesman two weeks ago, and he said I could just give it back and walk away no problem, he did check with another lying git, the finance manager

Edited by Bazza
swearing !

To be fair, if it had a balloon payment did you not think the monthly payments were lower than your other agreements, although the salesman should have explained the agreement with you I would agree with Prolex.

All of the previous 3 had balloon payments. That is what I am saying. All the previous 3 had clauses which state I could give the car back after paying 50% without any penalty. The latest one categorically states cancellation is not an option. Why did the salesman and finance director say 2 weeks ago I could do the same as I have done on the previous 3 occasions? Then when I wanted to do precisely that, they suddenly say I can't cancel. Why did they do something completely different when I took out the plan? Why did they mislead me? Pray answer that one if you can.

Edited by Bazza
only gold members may offer or link to their cars for sale

if indeed you were mislead and the salesman and finance director did say that there was no penalty then i think the best option is to take it up politely with them.. You can take it up with the FSA if they did mislead you but it will depend on if they admit to telling you this and infact making a mistake. They do happen and find it hard to believe that they would knowingly mislead a customer...

all in all i agree with the above that there is certain amount of responsibilty upon you to read what you are sigining.. i know i wouldnt sign anything unless i had read through it especially when talking about such a sizeable amount..

as for burning your is300... nose face and spite come to mind...

although i would be more than happy to have some parts off it!!

Sorry to say this but you cant try and sell your car here ,unless you are a Gold Member

Looks like I will have to buy some combustible material then. Good riddance, you trust someone and they do that to you. Multiple black marks for Lexus from me on the next JD survey, I just hope it is enough for them to lose the top spot, they no longer deserve it. It has to be earned

lexus is a brand, what the dealer may or may not have done has nothing to do with the brand, the dealers sell the cars under license for Lexus GB

Lexus GB is a franchise, who sells Lexus and ultimately Toyota corporations cars for them in the UK...

the brand isn't bad...the dealer may be

lexus is a brand, what the dealer may or may not have done has nothing to do with the brand, the dealers sell the cars under license for Lexus GB

Lexus GB is a franchise, who sells Lexus and ultimately Toyota corporations cars for them in the UK...

the brand isn't bad...the dealer may be

I agree, the dealer here is the bad one, hence my topic. Unfortunately, in the long term it is Lexus who will suffer, because I have lost all faith in them because of this dealer. Once bitten etc etc

I just want rid of the brand, now

Think you should adjust your origonal post to say "in my opinion". Also you should never assume anything, when you sign something you must read it first it's your responsibility. However if the dealer then and more recently has been saying things contrary to what was in the agreement then they must accept some responsibility.

You need to talk to them in a calm and structured way and see what they suggest / offer ..................

This sort of situation in different settings has happened to me and im sure many others before, especially for anything that requires signature. What they tell you and what is written down is two completely different things. Always trust what is written down. The sales rep can always deny what they have said before, maybe he misled you not on purpose, but maybe in fact he wasn't trained, or wasn't aware of new clause until it was too late (maybe both rep are as stupid as eachother). After all they are sales people and they like to only tell you the the one sided opinion (the side that helps to make the sales, certain words not to say etc), but thats their job.

I know you feel cheated and want to do something about it, but you just have to bite the bullet and learn the hard way. You really shouldn't blame the brand lexus, i mean, i can honestly say i hate the lexus branch near me for reasons which i have posted on this forum, but yet i still love the car itself and the types of people that are associated with it, shouldn't get the two mixed up.

To be fair, if it had a balloon payment did you not think the monthly payments were lower than your other agreements, although the salesman should have explained the agreement with you I would agree with Prolex.

All of the previous 3 had balloon payments. That is what I am saying. All the previous 3 had clauses which state I could give the car back after paying 50% without any penalty. The latest one categorically states cancellation is not an option. Why did the salesman and finance director say 2 weeks ago I could do the same as I have done on the previous 3 occasions? Then when I wanted to do precisely that, they suddenly say I can't cancel. Why did they do something completely different when I took out the plan? Why did they mislead me? Pray answer that one if you can.

well then theres some support for you right there in all the written contracts, as it would seem from what you have said that there was a change to the standard terms of the finance agreement, which the reps did not make you aware of. however you should still have read it.

Surly, walking away from a car on a PCP has got to be the worst idea ever.. And walking away from a Lexus is the worst thing to do. Calm down, collect your thoughts and talk it over with your dealer. I doubt that they deliberately misled you but I would guess that they sold you the wrong package by mistake, an error on their part, I agree but the failsafe for such errors is the customer who agrees to the package has to read and be sure that it is what is right for them. Perhaps the dealer can suggest a deal to help you out... They want to sell a car and you need a car so they will do whatever they can to put your bum in one of their cars.. They don't react well to ranting... No one would

Although the value of cars like yours has dropped, is not the sale value still higher than the value of the balloon payment? in which case, sell the car and settle the payment, Inconvenient, yes but not the end of the world... Since you were of the belief that the car was on a PCP, then you will have abided by the agreement that you thought you were signing with regard to millage limits, care and servicing, so you should still have a very nice car to sell on... Provided that you took care of it!

Shame you had such a bad experience. However, we've all learned the lesson somewhere along the line of READ SOMETHING BEFORE YOU SIGN IT!!! Assumption is no good. However, if you believe you were deliberately misled, then you may have a case against the dealer. I suggest contacting the dealer - (politely) letters full of swearing and threatening to set the car on fire really won't get you anywhere. If that doesn't work then contact trading standards or citizens advice bureau or even your lawyer. I don't know how cases like this are dealt with - I'd have thought it would be a difficult thing to prove - particularly as you've had the car for so long now.

I think saying that the particular dealer is a lying fraudster is a bit out of order though.

My advice - first of all calm down. You're not going to get anywhere in a rage. Think rationally about what you're going to do, seek the advice of trading standard or citizens advice. Don't do anything without thinking about it, then thinking about it again and certainly lay off the abusive and threatening remarks to the dealer - they won't react well to that.

Hope you get it sorted, expensive lesson but you'll never sign anything without reading it again.

For future reference, when I buy something expensive, I take along my dictaphone and record every conversation I have with the salesman - if you tell them you're doing it you're more confident everything's above board.

I guess next time you will read the agreement!

I have done the same though. It was a loan, and only for £3k, but i was under the inpression i could settle early, when i could not, and signed the agreement which stated i could not!

If they misled you a couple of weeks ago, they were wrong to do so, but that does not change the agreement that was signed however long ago.

I'm sorry that you seem to be having a major problem and agree that maybe the dealer has let you down but as everyone else has said ultimately it is down to you to know what you are signing for.

I also agree that you cannot blame the brand as a whole as the car has not let you down it is the dealer. And as stated the delares are not controled by lexus gb as a whole they are franchises.

Again i am sorry for your trouble but i feel you are being overley critical and shaming the lexus brand as a whole for an error which is not theirs. I hope you get the problem resolved.

O and the comment about burning the car ...... that was just silly in my opinion.

Although I agree that you should have read the agreement I think a lot of us have probably signed agreements without reading every word. Ranting will get you nowhere though. When I recently changed my Lexus the salesman introduced me to a "business manager" who wanted to discuss various finance options. I explained that I was paying cash but he still tried to tell me that he had to inform me, by law, of their finance options, extended warranties, GAP insurance etc. which is only correct if you are paying on a finance option. Either they are inadequately trained or they are slightly twisting certain things for commission purposes.

I only hope that they have not read this thread as any bargaining power you may have had will have flown straight out of the window. I hope you manage to get this resolved in a mutually satisfactory way.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links