Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1jz-gte Into Is200

tyrone

hi im thinking of putting the 1JZ-GTE the 2.5 twin turbo soarer lump into my IS200 Sport so bassiaclly was wondering what i need to change do wiring engine mounts ect.

1st would the engine go onto my original engine mounts?

would my origanal manual gearbox fit this engine doesnt matter if it doesnt

do i have to chop cut wires (basaclly bodge it?)

and do i need to change my dials clutch to cable or anyfin as the IS is hydrolic?

please help as im realy thinking of doing this

just would have to find an insurence company to insure me after all that as i would only be 21

Hmm, would more than likely have to change everything. You'd have to wire the Soarer Ecu and the Is ecu together to run everything and as for insurance at 21, hmm, would be expensive if anywhere covers you at all.

I doubt you could use the same gearbox or even the same anything. If your gonna put that much effort in you may as well put the 3L TT from the Supra in instead.

Stav

I'm just about to start this project as soon as i get the money from my turbo kit.

You need to change to IS300 engine mounts, if you want to keep aircon etc you will need to modify some of the pipe work that runs along the back of the engine/firewall.

Also you will need a rear sump and i think need to modify that a little to make it fit.

Im not using the IS200 dials as it will be a track car, so im scrapping all the IS200 wiring and using the 1jz-gte wiring, but im using a JZZ30 (from a soarer) loom and fuel computer as the greddy emanage has a plug and play harness for that.

Gearbox, you will need to get a R154 box or a W54 (i think) im using a R154 box.

The biggest problem is the combining of the IS200 ecu and the soarer/supra ecu if your going to keep it on the road and need all the MOT stuff.

I got an insurance quote of £1500 im 22 with 5 years NCB.

As soon as it starts i will be starting a new thread, should be just after JAE as i've been promised the money at the end of this month.

I'm going to run a big single Garrett GT30.86 maybe a slightly smaller exhaust side but should see around 450-500 with that set up, the race series is going to be capped at 500 i think so should suit it well.

Check out my thread on toymods

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39177

Most answers answered there. Its a slow forum though as its from the otherside of the globe.

nope mate you need a front sump

Yep wops sorry most come with the rear sumps, but can find a few front ones floating about, also will need a new bell housing on the gearbox if you use the R154, not sure about the other one.

:offtopic: but what are the chances of dropping a RB26 into a is200?
would be pointless....although it has been done

if you took an RB26 and a 2JZ-GTE and spent the same amount on them, the 2jz, would be more powerfull and still more reliable than the cheese manufactured RB26

right so is it easier to put a 2jz into it then? like with wiring ect?

i think im gonna need alot of help doing this didnt realise there would be that much work involved lol

does any1 know anybody who could do all this job for me if i get everything i need to do the swap ova?

and yes it would be a road car

Your probably looking at £15,000 maybe over £20,000 to do the work depending on the spec you want.

1JZ and 2JZ are almost identical either one would cost a stack to do by a garage, you'd have to do it yourself unless you've just one the lotto or something lol

does anybody recomend a good garage to do the job i live in sittingbourne?

Lots of places could do the work for you.

Thor/Abbey spring to mind

Its not that difficult to do TBH for any half decent garage.

I would say that the engine transplant is not all you need

The suspension set up is fine on the IS to a point at the BHP levels the 2JZ will get you (300+) you could well end up in a hedge if you use it hald properly. So more money to be spent there.

For what its worth don't bother. You'll not have the lexus reliability/driveability you currently enjoy.

Sell the Lex and get a Skyline r33/r34 which someone has done the mods to or a Supra TT.

does anybody recomend a good garage to do the job i live in sittingbourne?

For what its worth don't bother. You'll not have the lexus reliability/driveability you currently enjoy.

Sell the Lex and get a Skyline r33/r34 which someone has done the mods to or a Supra TT.

in some aspects i would agree with dave, however, what was learn t from my conversion is do everything......cover every base, and actually the reliability has never been an issue, once the little glitches were sorted.....and those glitches were only rear subframe ones.

its never had any electrical issues as a result of the conversion, and mechanically all has been well, once it was mapped finally, for its MOT it drove as well as before, with 20,000 times more grin factor.

yeah you could by a supra, skyline or anything else......but how many other supra powered is200's are there on the roads!!

£15000 didnt realise it would be that much £5000 tops lol but then aint got a clue.

i was gonna get a skyline r33 gts-t but fault they were getting to common so thats why i fault of doing this but that much not sure now

how about just turboing the 1g-fe lump is that easier n cheaper i just want some boost realy lol

£15000 didnt realise it would be that much £5000 tops lol but then aint got a clue.

i was gonna get a skyline r33 gts-t but fault they were getting to common so thats why i fault of doing this but that much not sure now

how about just turboing the 1g-fe lump is that easier n cheaper i just want some boost realy lol

its that much, yes, if you go for twin turbos, and buy new everything like i did......

but you can pic up the bits fairly cheap, your best option is asking around.

yes you can Turbo the 1g-fe, again TDI have done it as has prolex

what sort of price would i expect to pay to have this done to mine? including turbo kit ect

n also mat are you still having that kit?

you will get 250 bhp ish with a turbo'd 1g-fe @ .5 bar for £4/5k fitted (one i do)

again suspension needs doing (not to same degree)

for what its worth.............and its not been done yet............

why not strip the car out (seats/carpets etc)

lightweight seats

Lower it on coilovers

TRD bushes all round

Anti roll bars

uprated pads & grooved discs all round

bigger wheels & tyres

Racelogic traction control

TDi or prolex manifold - hi flow or no cat - decent rear box

induction kit

flowed head

Motec/HKS FCON ecu

You'd have a car that sounded lovely.............handled & stopped and went like ******* of a shovel

and change from £3k

what sort of price would i expect to pay to have this done to mine? including turbo kit ect

n also mat are you still having that kit?

you will get 250 bhp ish with a turbo'd 1g-fe @ .5 bar for £4/5k fitted (one i do)

again suspension needs doing (not to same degree)

for what its worth.............and its not been done yet............

why not strip the car out (seats/carpets etc)

lightweight seats

Lower it on coilovers

TRD bushes all round

Anti roll bars

uprated pads & grooved discs all round

bigger wheels & tyres

Racelogic traction control

TDi or prolex manifold - hi flow or no cat - decent rear box

induction kit

flowed head

Motec/HKS FCON ecu

You'd have a car that sounded lovely.............handled & stopped and went like ******* of a shovel

and change from £3k

change ????, i reckon you should add another £2000 onto that figure :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links