Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Car Jacking

sparkystav

Saw this on the BBC website: BBC News

Basically a guy was bumped in his 350Z, then when he got out he was carjacked and left stranded.

its ridiculous the length these idiots go to, and then they'll just a slap on the wrist if the police catch them.

Whereas if you got out and battered them with a tyre iron for trying to jack you, you'd be portrayed as a monster and locked up for a few years!

It's really bad when people do that. The advice is to drive to the nearest police station or safe® place (like a garage forecourt) and exchange details there. They're much less likely to jump you in front of a police station or somewhere where there's loads of cctv.

Yeah it's awful, happened to someone my parents knew a while back........worst part is they didn't just take the car, they clobbered him over the head and knocked him out before doing so.

Makes sense if it's late and dark to try and stop somewhere well lit and with people present........

i would not even put up a fight. Its just a car and I am insured and certainly not worth a beating or being killed.

I would simply step back and let them get on with it, call the poilce.. all you can do

remember scarface had his car carjacked a while back.

I have seen all sorts of car thefts on here. Stick through the letterbox, spade prising the window open, jumoing in cars that are ticking over on cold mornings, being carjacked outside a supermarket... goes on and on.

remember scarface had his car carjacked a while back.

I have seen all sorts of car thefts on here. Stick through the letterbox, spade prising the window open, jumoing in cars that are ticking over on cold mornings, being carjacked outside a supermarket... goes on and on.

Yep Scarface's one was scary, being in broad daylight in a car park (was it B&Q?).........although I didn't expect mine to be taken in a car jacking off my drive a few weeks later :crybaby:

this happens all to often and theres not much you can do. if he took the keys out he would of been beaten to a pulp for sure. i remember a 330ci was nicked after a R1 bike hit it. two passengers jumped out of the bmw and the 2 on the bike jumped into the bmw... leaving the bike the 2 from the bmw set the bike alight which was stupid as the bike was nicked!

That's why I like ugly cars.

Cannot see anyone wanting to nick or car jack a bog standard LS.

In my younger days I had all sorts of high performance and high spec company cars nicked, in the end I hada Rover 416, a heap of s**t, but no one ever wanted to nick it.

So maybe there is a market to ugly-kits to make the crims look elsewhere.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links