Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Everyone's Selling Up?

Tony-Bones

I'm pleased to be proved wrong, i thought the club title would be changed to....

Lada

Owners

Club

I'm really sorry for those who have felt the pain of strangulation this government has injected into anything above a skateboard's hp but the fight must continue!!

The way I think about it is this.

For a sacrifice of a few pounds, we're all driving cars that are ultra reliable, smooth, quiet and refined. The extra cash we're paying in fuel is nothing in comparison to the repair bills that we might face with lesser cars. I think we're paying more, not to break down. It gets my vote. Even though i've just brought a Volvo.

• 1 month later...

petrol is back under £1 a litre and the road tax on the IS300 has stayed at 200 odd i thought it was going up to over £400 or something?

anyway she doesnt have any second hand value any more so no point in selling, just keep it and enjoy driving a nice solid car

Mine's staying. I did start thinking of a change as I'm doing about 10-20 miles a week at the moment and just had £745 of vandalism damage to the bonnet. But I love my IS220d Sport. :wub: The torque makes it awesome to drive and I get reasonable fuel consumption considering the speed and weight of toys.

petrol is back under £1 a litre and the road tax on the IS300 has stayed at 200 odd i thought it was going up to over £400 or something?

The road tax (for cars registered from the 1st March 2001 onwards, and on the IS200 too) is going up to £300 from April 2009 and £430 from April 2010.

wont be selling mine for a while...unless i win some cash but then i will still have to pay the tax :lol:

keeping mine. hate front wheel drive cars that try to kill you when you boot it round a corner and they take you straight towards the hedge. just goin to work some power out of my is200 somehow. as for a 1999 car it is spottless underneath corrosion wise. seen some nearly new cars look worse

well as the wife just started here new job 3 months ago, we had an old pig of a car, ( you know the car the one that you have to fix each week lol ) so with that she said she wanted a new'er car, so we had seen an IS200 02 plate 45K in GOLD with FSH for just 5.3K and it came with a years TAX on it :) very nice all round, as it comes with some bits that my 2000 plate IS200 dont have

well as the wife just started here new job 3 months ago, we had an old pig of a car, ( you know the car the one that you have to fix each week lol ) so with that she said she wanted a new'er car, so we had seen an IS200 02 plate 45K in GOLD with FSH for just 5.3K and it came with a years TAX on it :) very nice all round, as it comes with some bits that my 2000 plate IS200 dont have

great colour :winky:

I will be honest I thought of selling mine almost a week or so after I bought it due to my lexx having a very bad drinking habit lol !

Now that I have had her a little while I really dont wanna give her up she is my first proper luxury motor that I have owned and i love the feeling you get when u drive a lexx!

Some people that I know think i have certainly gone up in the world and the car itself portrays an image of some one who is successful in life! (Although Im sure I am doing well for myself in general!)

It does help that I have a private reg as this disguises the age of the car and lets people think Im driving a 10k motor as opposed to a 3k bargin!

The road tax wont affect me so much as I have a 1999 model!

Had my IS200 for just over a year now and she aint going anywhere because i love her so much :heart: , unfortunately though the TTE supercharger kit has had to go to a new home to raise some extra money <_< at least its gone to a local aberdeen-shire LOC'er so i'm happy about that at least :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links