Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warning To Is Owners In Cheshire

Hi all, just thought I would let you know that some little bar stewards had a go at taking my IS300 last night. I was in bed fast asleep but my wife and Mother in law where down stairs watching tv at about 12.30am. My wife thought she heard something on the drive and looked out of the window and saw 2 lads in a red golf in our drive having a good look at the IS. This may be a stupid thing to do but she ran out side and luckily they jumped back in to the Golf and speeded off. They then kept driving up and down past the end of our Close so she then jumped into her Ford Focus and gave chase!!! :ohmy: I told her that was a stupid thing to do but she did save my IS from been taken. Trouble is that they will probably come back and have another go :angry: Apparantly the IS200 and 300's are on the hitlist at the moment so be careful with your keys!

Glenn

One consolation is that the IS came top in the WhatCar? 2003 Security review... but I'll bet that doesn't stop some lowlife damaging the car from trying... :angry:

Wonder if there's a law against keeping a pet snake in the car overnight? Might keep the little toe-rags away! ;)

Since she gave chase - did she get the reg number????

Other thought - for a while at least - block it in the driveway with the Focus.

May even be worth taking one of the HT Leads in with you each night. Even if a scroat managed to get the keys - they certainly wouldn't think of looking around for a missing HT lead!!

Unfortunatly she didn't manage to get the full reg but the chances of that car being in the name of the driver are very unlikely according to the Police. Removing the efi fuse sounds like a good idea Chris, I can't imagine that they would hang around for too long if it didn't start. It comes to something when your car isn't safe on your drive all locked up etc!! It reminds me of the good old days when I had XR3I's etc, didn't matter how careful you were, they still went off for a drive during the night!!

Glenn

Just as an extra precaution what about removing the EFi fuse,should stop the engine from being started

wonder where you got that idea from eh Chris....... <_<

Obviously checking its the right one, just don't ask Mat :lol:

Sorry to hear what happened. I has a similar experience before Xmas, 3 attempted burgalries and then they set about the locks with a screw driver. They didn't get it though and after installing extra security lights the scummers have left my IS alone. Police said it was probabley being stolen to order as they kept coming back so keep you eyes open.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links