Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Would You Complain ?

el_gencer

I'm curious about this as some people say that they aren't fussed and other people are.

Say your brand new IS220d se or IS250se etc gets a fault within 4months of purchase and the garage says its gonna be in for a week whilst parts are being delivered.

So you get a courtesy car, but the car they give you is for example a 1.8ltr bottom of the range vectra.

Would you kick up a storm or just live with it ?

I'm curious about this as some people say that they aren't fussed and other people are.

Say your brand new IS220d se or IS250se etc gets a fault within 4months of purchase and the garage says its gonna be in for a week whilst parts are being delivered.

So you get a courtesy car, but the car they give you is for example a 1.8ltr bottom of the range vectra.

I'd kick up a storm till the cows came home, and then some. They have lexus courtesy cars, so there's no way I'd accept a Vauxhall, I mean wtf are the on trying to fob me off with someones turd of a part ex for the week. :tsktsk:

IF they gave me the, "all our courtesy cars are booked out at the minute". I'd say go and tax one of the forecourt cars and send it over! :tomato: We bought into the Lexus brand for a reason I say! :whistling:

Was it short notice? When my IS200 went in last year shortly after purchase I was given a new GS300 then a IS220 then back to the GS300 which i kept for another few weeks, i dont think they had any non Lexus courtesy cars.

Brand new, within 4 months... a vectra :tsktsk: thats poor customer service

Fear not people, it's just a hypothetical question. :D

I was just curious.

Luckily every time i've been to Lexus they've always given me a car of the same spec or higher.

Well apart from that one time when all the car were out so they dropped me off at work and then picked me up.

I guess with these things its the principle, you've bought a nice car (or are paying for one) and when it's off the road you don't want another "lesser" car.

I suppose if you bought a car on HP you would wan't compensating for the days it's off the road, as you still have to pay the finance company and you aren't getting to use the car you're effectively renting.

aaronabbott if that was me with a Ferrari and that happened i'd be serious p!ssed about that. however i suppose a Ferrari is a Fiat, there are Fiat badges on them somewhere ;)

Wow, asked the same question on a BMW forum and lets say those guys had a different response.

Most of the responses were in area of "who cares what car they give you", "don't complain it's only a car", "snob".

I guess being Lexus drivers we're actually used to some customer service and a company that believes in it vehicles.

I mean what kinda company would give you a car that isn't one of their own ? A company that doesn't care by the sound of things.

Companies don't generally give you cars from other brands do they? My brother wasn't particularly happy when he used to get Minis as courtesy cars, but is a little happier now they tend to give him 1 series..........

Our Lexus garage doesn't have enough courtesy cars but as long as you are happy to wait a couple of extra days you will always get one. No problem if it's a service etc, but in an emergency you have to go with what hey have.

When I blew up our first GS300 sport ( :msn-cry: ) Lexus were so good. We hadn't bought from the dealer but my dad had bought from them before. They let us have a Yaris at 1 hour's notice for close to a month while we tried to get our car sorted all to no avail. We ended up buying an IS200 from them in the end so it worked out well for them but they were brilliant.

Wouldn't call myself a snob but I wouldn't accept a Yaris under normal circumstances ;)

if the car was going into the dealers for repairs then yes i would complain and i would expect a car of the same spec or model.

if the car was going in for repairs due to an accident and the insurance company took it into one of thier network repairers, then i would expect a car of the same side . eg. i my car was a 4door saloon that what i would expect for a courtys car not a small 1.2 micra or corsa.

Companies don't generally give you cars from other brands do they? My brother wasn't particularly happy when he used to get Minis as courtesy cars, but is a little happier now they tend to give him 1 series..........

Strangely, when I actually had a Vectra, I used to get all sorts of cars as courtesy vehicles. Their courtesy cars (and heaven knows I had enough of them in the six months I had the car, most unreliable heap of junk I ever had) were often supplied by the nearby Europcar rental place, so I had all sorts including Fords and Renaults.

That's the only place I've ever been where they used non-brand cars though.

To answer the original post, personally I wouldn't give a monkey about it. It gets me from A to B, it's only a few days, and it's nice to drive something different briefly. It's a similar size which is the most important thing, I hate it much more when they give tiny little runabouts in exchange for your big motor.

Our Lexus garage doesn't have enough courtesy cars but as long as you are happy to wait a couple of extra days you will always get one. No problem if it's a service etc, but in an emergency you have to go with what hey have.

When I blew up our first GS300 sport ( :msn-cry: ) Lexus were so good. We hadn't bought from the dealer but my dad had bought from them before. They let us have a Yaris at 1 hour's notice for close to a month while we tried to get our car sorted all to no avail. We ended up buying an IS200 from them in the end so it worked out well for them but they were brilliant.

Wouldn't call myself a snob but I wouldn't accept a Yaris under normal circumstances ;)

I'm guessing you used Lexus Exeter Bonita?

The wife dropped the car off at Exter Lexus last Friday for it's 40k service, like you say they don't have that many courtesy cars, but listen to this, she was given the return bus fare to go into Exeter while she waited the 3 hours for the car to be serviced, I must say I've never heard of that happening before.

i know someone who had bought a 140,000 pound ferrari only for it to be recalled for an electrical fault ,the car was in for 4 days and he got a fiat 500 as his courtesy car and we all laughed at him :lol:

Isn't Ferrari owned by Fiat? Anyhoo - the 500s they get are specially comissioned Fiat 500s for Ferrari owners only to be used as Courtesy cars by them.

Wow, asked the same question on a BMW forum and lets say those guys had a different response.

Most of the responses were in area of "who cares what car they give you", "don't complain it's only a car", "snob".

I guess being Lexus drivers we're actually used to some customer service and a company that believes in it vehicles.

I mean what kinda company would give you a car that isn't one of their own ? A company that doesn't care by the sound of things.

BMW?.......................meh! Losers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links