Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Electrics Problems

on my way to my mates house yesterday and half way there the em light came on, still hasnt gone off, we did notice the regulator was quite hot? are these parts liable to break/over heat? and are they expensive?

and also when i push the window locking button on the door it disables all my extra gages on the dash (oil pessure/temp/air fuel ratio) and when the windows are unlocked the gages power back up and spring into life again? we checked all the fuses that we could see and they all seemed fine? so its a trip to lexus this afternoon to find out why the fault light is up and maybe to check the window lock as well to see why its interfering with the gages?

any one got any checks they think i should do before i finish work and get the car to the garage?

thanks

Dean

could well be water issue, specially as i got those vents on the bonnet, may have to get a carbon bonnet soon, anyone know of any decent carbon bonnets?

not got a code reader as yet could be worth investing in one at some piont as well.

ill send steve a message then, cheers peeps!

could well be water issue, specially as i got those vents on the bonnet, may have to get a carbon bonnet soon, anyone know of any decent carbon bonnets?

not got a code reader as yet could be worth investing in one at some piont as well.

ill send steve a message then, cheers peeps!

Might be worth opening up the electronic boxes under the bonnet and seeing if you can see signs of water getting in there.

The code readers are pretty cheap, around £30 for a stand-alone one, or even cheaper if you've got a laptop you can use.

Check out the Group Buys thread, there's one there where Ellz is looking to get some carbon items made up, including bonnets.

According to my experience it must take over 2 years to get your gold thingy, hopefully mine will come soon but don't hold your breath, do as i do...send in the odd enquiry and message...then you too can have them ignored !!

Mind you the gold forum is so dynamic you can hardly catch your breath ! :whistling:

yeah i'll take her to lexus Reading this afternoon, and hopefully they'll sort it for me and its not tooooo complicated or expensive.

will it still be under factory warranty as its only done 28500 miles? or will the mods cancel the warranty?

You have not told us the full story :question: the car will not be covered under warranty for any mods, and who connected your extra gauges up :question: that keep going off with the windows

According to my experience it must take over 2 years to get your gold thingy, hopefully mine will come soon but don't hold your breath, do as i do...send in the odd enquiry and message...then you too can have them ignored !!

Are you sending your messages to the right person ? Just checking because I got my gold badge up very soon after messaging Steve.

For benefit of gord, i brought the car about 2 months ago, with all the acessories and work being done by previous owners, no engine work has been done, apart from air filter and zorst. (plans for future tho :)) im not sure who linked up the gages so i'll have a look when im home to see if i can find any paperwork for it (theres a few receipts for it but i dont think it lists all the parts, all i can remember at this time is that 2 reciepts i got total like 12grand!!! i've only noticed these faults in the last 36 hours, the engine management light came on as i was exiting a slip road on a 40 mph dual carriage way so wasn't booting it as hard as i could of been, and then on the way back home coz i had my mates kids in the back, i locked the windows and noticed my gages were dead, so i hit the window switch again and my gages came back on??? we did a bit of investigating under the bonnet the engine seemed to be slightly warmer than it normally should be to touch but noticed that a regulator (think its the fuel reg) was really hot and the old boy i was with said that that could be the problem. we checked all the fuses and connections that we could see. it all seems a bit wierd to me? hope this helps explain things mate.

right i took her to lexus reading earlier, they have found the problem to be the oxygen sensor, at bank 2 sensor 2. does things ring any bells? anyone had this problem before?? and where is this bloody sensor located??? the other thing is they want £300 quid for the new part and to fit it. :o i tried at unipart to get the sensor but we dont do them (i work for unipart) so does anyone know of elsewhere to get one from or have a working one that they dont need and i'll take it off your garage shelf for a reasonable price please, all the more help the better as im pretty sure this is a job me and my mates could do rather than spend £300 on letting them do it, i can put the money i save to a carbon bonnet or an s/c!! yay :)

cheers kids

right i took her to lexus reading earlier, they have found the problem to be the oxygen sensor, at bank 2 sensor 2. does things ring any bells? anyone had this problem before?? and where is this bloody sensor located??? the other thing is they want £300 quid for the new part and to fit it. :o i tried at unipart to get the sensor but we dont do them (i work for unipart) so does anyone know of elsewhere to get one from or have a working one that they dont need and i'll take it off your garage shelf for a reasonable price please, all the more help the better as im pretty sure this is a job me and my mates could do rather than spend £300 on letting them do it, i can put the money i save to a carbon bonnet or an s/c!! yay :)

cheers kids

£300?

bank 2 sensor 2 (if its the same workings as the 200) is purely to check the cat is working fine and has no effect on the ECU control of the Air fuel ration (this is sensor one on both banks)

have you tried the supra forums? of US eBay?

The job itself will be easy, just unscrew the old one and screw in the new one.

Stav

i think i know i have the same thing i put a JDM zorst on my car and didnt have the hole for the second oxygen sensor so just tucked it up the plastic undertray untill i get hte hole dun ect, look underneath the car where the cat meets the ceter section see if there is a oxygen sensor there just after the join? if not then it hasnt been put in. i had the same fault code on my is

hope this helps

cheers for that peeps i'll have a look in the morning when theres a bit of light to play with, if i do need a new sensor and its not just a case of its come unhinged off the bottom, will this one on ebay do the trick item 130257756115.

thanks for all your advise :)

Yes :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links