Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Crashed It...

Jon557

Hey,

So I crashed my Lexus the other day but no one else was involved and the car amazingly took no damage at all. There was heavy rain and I was doing around 50 to 60mph around a slight bend, next minute the backend overtook me and I compensated and then spun the other way and rotated 180 degress facing the wrong way then still going a decent speed i went backwards/sideways up the curb onto the grassland and left some massive wheel holes in the grass. Finally stopped in the trees. Luckily the trees were more like twigs and it was very soft. Mud all up the windows and grass everywhere underneath. It was on approch to a roundabout just by a motorway slip road.

I drove just as I would have with my old fiesta but this being rear wheel drive seems to act a bit different, I guess the power at the back forces the backend out. I will get it checked out at the garage soon, so lucky I didn't hit anyone, that would have sucked.

Jon

Yeah, exactly the same thing mate, back in march, wasnt just wet that caused it tho, few problems with brakes n stuff. Wasnt as lucky as you though damage wise ...

Lets just say i drive like a pensioner in the wet now :lol: more pics in my gallery

post-23236-1223509959.jpg

post-23236-1223509979.jpg

Sorry to hear about your car. Have dreaded the same happening to my IS200.

Consider getting Vredestein tyres next time you change. I got them (becasue they're renowned for wet weather performance), and my IS200 Sport has stonking grip in wet and dry.

I adjusted my pressures tonight to the value recommended by the tyre manufacturer, and took it round a roundabout. It was dry but grip was incredible, car was leaned right over so I was cornering hard and not even a chirp out of the tyres.

I have done something similar but ended up facing wrong way on 40mph carridgeway thing lol

I took a left hand bend and the back end slid out, managed to control it but then traction kicked in a spun my round other way. Sometimes traction control is not a good thing. Tend to drive like a granny in the wet now and with traction off

• 2 weeks later...

And it'll cost you three more to make it a decent kit.

The turbo wont last long and the manifold will prob crack.

best to go for quality with forced induction. otherwise itll cost in the long run. Although quality doesnt always mean the most expensive.

Stav

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links