Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fresh Paint

Hi everyone,

I should be getting my IS back from the bodyshop tomorrow, (hopefully), & want some advise on the maintaining the new paint finish.

It's had a full respray in a colour slightly different to Platinum Ice, hard to describe but will post up pics soon, (new wheels & full TRD kit also added).

I have got Autoglym shampoo, SRP, EGP & also Collinite 476. Being fresh paint, do you think I should just use a few good coats of the Collinite to seal off the paint, or would you recommend anything different?

Can we have some pictures of the new paint job please, sounds interesting.

When I see my Platinum Ice car, I do like the colour, but one of my neighbours has a silver car which is a much brighter colour, and when they're parked together mine seems to look a bit dirty!

Guest inicol63

Hi i think also that you should leave it for a couple of month's then use a clay to get anything that sitting on the paint, then as your already said add you collight 476 and again early next year do the same.

Enjoy Ian

Thanx for all replys everyone, some sound advice.

I've got that nutty urge to spend hours polishing it but will have to hold off for now.

Can we have some pictures of the new paint job please, sounds interesting.

When I see my Platinum Ice car, I do like the colour, but one of my neighbours has a silver car which is a much brighter colour, and when they're parked together mine seems to look a bit dirty!

I feel exactly the same about mine, but I think the paintshop got the colour a shade out, I'm not too fussed as they will be doing a full respray for a similar price to what I was originally quoted. The colour is nothing too radical, it looks like an Avensis pearl champaigne, hard to tell as I've only got back the kit & bumpers, the rest of the car will take another week to finish off. I stripped the trim, lights, bumpers, spoiler myself to save money on the whole job. I left them the car for as long as they wanted as I don't need it for a few months anyway.

if you are doing paint correction then you might as well use a grey sonus clay this will remove particles quickly,it will also inflict some marring but this matters little as the polishing stage will correct it.

if you are not doing paint correction then a least aggresive clay such as sonus green or similar is the way i would go.

Bazza was spot on - 2 months to allow the offgassing process to finish, then the paint will be fully cured.

Keep a plush mf cloth, and quick detailer and water handy in the car for softening and removing any birdcrap.

If you've a pressure washer, might be worth investing in a foam lance, and use this to minimise the risk of inflicting swirls in the paint.

• 3 months later...
Your car looks great mate, just some coilovers and your sorted ;)

Cheers, some -40mm shocks & springs & ARB's are in the pipeline before summer, would like coilovers for the adjustability but my back disagrees!

Just hoping for a bit of sun for more pics, but could be worse, it's -45C in Poland!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links