Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Nasty Man Killed My Car

Chris.S

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

understand what u mean about not bieng the same again mate.just a thought and correct me if ime wrong.if it is a write off do you get first refusal to buy the car back at a very cheap price.maybe you could buy it back.source second hand parts and have it sorted.you may have a nice lot of dosh left over to maybe splash out on some goodies for it.did the same thing with a bike years ago and ended up with loads of nice extras on it.cheers m8

the way ive been told is that if its written off and because the other guy is at fault (i have 3 independent witnesses, one an off duty copper and the police have said) then because the 3dr party involved is at fault i can buy back the vehicle.

not sure what id do with it if i got the option to buy it back

Very sorry to hear this Chris. I take it you are un-injured ? I hope it get repaired, bt understand what you mean about a big hit.

Don't forget if they do write it off, swap you old roll bars back on and sell your TTE Red ones :winky:

ive got bruising to my leg where it hit the door panel and my shoulders etc are stiff

i'll try get them if there's chance to

Very sorry to hear this Chris. I take it you are un-injured ? I hope it get repaired, bt understand what you mean about a big hit.

Don't forget if they do write it off, swap you old roll bars back on and sell your TTE Red ones :winky:

ive got bruising to my leg where it hit the door panel and my shoulders etc are stiff

i'll try get them if there's chance to

Get to the docs a.s.a.p mate get some compensation..but will need docs report.

Bad news about the car, tis a shame there are so many crap drivers about.

If it helps when my lex a few months ago hit on the rear wing I thought it would be a right off due to the high labour involved with having to take the rear wing off and window out. Got it sorted, rear wing new bumper, and taillight..

also some geezer has hit it again and lexus quoted £800 for a new door skin...

Hope you get it sorted as it is a nice motor. :winky:

Well my estimation is

Bonnet and hinges

n/s wing and inner wing

n/s chassis leg

n/s headlamp

n/s foglamp

complete front panel

radiator

bumper assembly

n/s headlamp washer assembly

possible aircon radiator and piping

tyre (bumper cut into it)

n/s/f wheel is scrathed

grille

then all the labour and paint and jigging costs

its just a 2004 SE

Yeah, but you've still modded it from that though, haven't you ? Like your exhaust, lowering etc ?

i took the exhaust off for winter and everything else was lexus sourced

sounds to me like you want it wrote off......

You say it wont be the same after a hit....come on chris its a tap....on the front, yes it will need repairing, but i could have that all done and dusted in a few days.

there is nothing to Jig....and the panel damage is considered light.

if its written off a salvage company will laugh when they buy that u, the damaged metal work, could be off within...yes within 20 mins

new stuff in, within 2 hours, then off to paint....fact!!

cant Mick do it....would have thought so!

going get it recovered tomorrow to a bodyshop n try get a coutesy car as i dont have any transport at the min

the bit that concerns me is the chassis leg is bent

i dont mind if its repaired or written off,

chassis leg, or inner wing

chassis leg can, be repaired in sections or as a whole, if the leg is damaged at the bulkhead, then, it will need jigging, same aswell if the leg is bent, inwards or outwards.

looking at the pics, i would be very surprised if the chassis leg is damaged, anywhere near seriously, you are aware that the bumper mounts, are separate to the chassis leg, and are designed to be bent, in an accident

however the inner wing is a simple panel replacement, spot welded in, as is the headlight surround, slam panel and radiator support

Regarding your personall injuries (however slight).

You need to visit your Doctor (GP) within the next day or two to get your injuries assesed by a medical expert,

and entered onto your record. You have been injured and for any pain & discomfort, you are entitled to be

compensated. It may not be a lot in financial terms (due to your description of your injuries) but it is still

well worth doing IMO Chris. I'm not talking about exagerating your injuries or pain & suffering etc, but only

for what you are feeling as a diect result of the accident.

chassis leg, or inner wing

chassis leg can, be repaired in sections or as a whole, if the leg is damaged at the bulkhead, then, it will need jigging, same aswell if the leg is bent, inwards or outwards.

looking at the pics, i would be very surprised if the chassis leg is damaged, anywhere near seriously, you are aware that the bumper mounts, are separate to the chassis leg, and are designed to be bent, in an accident

however the inner wing is a simple panel replacement, spot welded in, as is the headlight surround, slam panel and radiator support

the inner wing is creased and pushed down near the ecu box and you can see where the seam near to the bonnet hinge has moved back which makes the wing now touch the door

i couldnt really tell how much of the chassis leg is damaged, i could see a crease in it but as you say that may be the bumper mount part. wont know the extent until its stripped i suppose.

aslong as the reapir is a good one i'll be happy,

just wondering what the situation will be when i do come to sell it

Really sorry to hear that Chris :o

I do think you are a pefectionist and don't think that you would be happy with a repair. Hopefully you get the outcome you want!

Anees :)

bit of a strange comment, thats doubting any body shops work before its been done.....in which case, id choose another body shop

i never had any accident damage cars brought back because the customer wasn't happy, its all about making sure you follow the manufacturers body repair specifications, and getting the best paintshop you can to get the best finish done.

if its all in house....good, in my garage, i did the repairs, and a paintshop did the paint.

i agree, i hope you get the prfect outcome, but i think its a bit flawed to want a right off....for such minimal damage, and if it is written off, i would buy it back, and still repair it!

the inner wing is creased and pushed down near the ecu box and you can see where the seam near to the bonnet hinge has moved back which makes the wing now touch the door

perfectly normal deformation in this type of impact

in regards to what you have to do, only if your asked do you need to say anything, however as this is classed if repaired as a minor bump, the decission is yours.

lets put it this way.

if i was interested in buying your car, i would knowing that the repair was done correctly, and assuming it is, visibly and physically done correct, then i would have an issue with paying the going rate for the age and mileage of the car.

too many people knock money off a car, for simple damage, it isnt like the car will have had full panel repairs, i.e rear quarters, sills, or floor pan, where it is usually hard to effect a perfect weather sealed repair

im just thinking of the long term effect like when i do come to sell it and if it will have any say on if it got sold.

if it is written off then automechanix will buy it and repair it and use it as a loan car.

repairable then you think Mat ?

repairable then you think Mat ?

yes, perfectly repairable, as i said, i could have it done within 3 days, including paint(if i still had my workshop....alas no longer)

i had very simliar damage in a peugeot 306 about 4 years ago..

Didnt bother going through ins at the time as i was at 'fault' due to swerving to miss a crazy dog and took a lampost out!!

I cost me £500 inc all parts and respray. Very good job, excellent colour match and no visible signs of any repair work. This included some light jig work.

If it helps i know where there is a trd lip and front bumper, prepainted in red..

on the other side of the coin.. i was rear ended about 2 years ago by an uninsured driver. tried to settle with him but he decided to try and get out of paying me so after some 'freindly' persuasion which got me knowhere i got the police involved and a soliciotor..

I ended up claiming through the MIB and got £950 for damage and 3.5k for injuries after setteling out of court..

well worth persuing for the discomfort and inconvenience...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links