Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Scraping Noise

Kazi

Whilst under the odd occasion I can't hear my Super Charger whining I can hear a light scraping noise when turning. Its louder the sharper I turn.

Any ideas on what it may be? If so, costs?

Cheers dudes,

Kaz.

Whilst under the odd occasion I can't hear my Super Charger whining I can hear a light scraping noise when turning. Its louder the sharper I turn.

Cheers dudes,

Kaz.

sounds like it could be the backing plate behind either your front or rear disks as for expense.........free just put your hand through your wheels and push the backin plate away job done..

Cheers dudes,

Kaz.

sounds like it could be the backing plate behind either your front or rear disks as for expense.........free just put your hand through your wheels and push the backin plate away job done..

Didn't think of that. I hope its that, as I discovered a punctured tyre earlier and anything to avoid more expense!

Cheers dude, will check i out tomoz after change the spare.

The noise seems to be coming from the front. Which is why I only hear it under steering, just a bit odd as to why its suddenly doing it now... :unsure:

Cheers dudes,

Kaz.

Didn't think of that. I hope its that, as I discovered a punctured tyre earlier and anything to avoid more expense!

Cheers dude, will check i out tomoz after change the spare.

The noise seems to be coming from the front. Which is why I only hear it under steering, just a bit odd as to why its suddenly doing it now... :unsure:

it will not be the backing plate, it will be the plastic arch liner.

the backing plate would rub, all the time.....even going straight :winky:

any ideas with mine?

mine rubs when you turn sharp. but looking at the arch liners they dont seem affected.

it only started happening when i fitted the new aftermarket discs. really annoying me alot.

i also pushed the backing plates back but didnt not make a difference.

any ideas with mine?

mine rubs when you turn sharp. but looking at the arch liners they dont seem affected.

it only started happening when i fitted the new aftermarket discs. really annoying me alot.

i also pushed the backing plates back but didnt not make a difference.

Just checked mine this morning, pushed back disc plates and checked the wheel arching, no visible signs of scraping from tyre. So im at a loss as to whats causing this. Any other suggestions?

The noise seems to be isolated to when turning right. Think its possible coming from near side front if it helps...

it will be the arch liner..........just because there is no visible signs, doesn't mean its not rubbing.

it is, very slightly

think about it, near side....and turning right, thats when the 10-11 o'clock position of the wheel, (on the inner side) is closest to the arch liner.

If its the arch liner then its easy to check

Just turn your wheels full lock and see if the tyre is catching on it

I had a scraping noise before from the front, it was my pads, they were too low and needed changing

Could just be something as simple as that

it will be the arch liner..........just because there is no visible signs, doesn't mean its not rubbing.

it is, very slightly

think about it, near side....and turning right, thats when the 10-11 o'clock position of the wheel, (on the inner side) is closest to the arch liner.

mine rubs while turning very lightly but stops rubbing on full lock so its somewhere in the middle. i going to use heat gun and do some reshaping to help.

the rear on mine makes a rubbing/scraping noise when turning left and under load. i'm sure its the backing plate on the rear drivers side - does that sound likely mat??? will it just need a firm push through the spokes of the wheel, or is it a case of taking the wheel off and grinding it down??

the rear on mine makes a rubbing/scraping noise when turning left and under load. i'm sure its the backing plate on the rear drivers side - does that sound likely mat??? will it just need a firm push through the spokes of the wheel, or is it a case of taking the wheel off and grinding it down??

can push through the spokes

can push through the spokes

thought so mate.

is it a case of gently pushing it back, or can i be a bit more brutal with it??

I had a scraping noise before from the front, it was my pads, they were too low and needed changing

Think mine has started doing the same!

Checking when stationary won't always help, as it only happens (mine anyway) under certain loads, not every turn. Like on certain hills, bumps or with more people on board.

Think mine has started doing the same!

Checking when stationary won't always help, as it only happens (mine anyway) under certain loads, not every turn. Like on certain hills, bumps or with more people on board.

Exact same as me, I only really noticed it over the weekend which is strange.

the noise coming from mine doesnt sound like plastic against rubber. it only made this noise from the first drive after fitting the new discs and pads!!

i can only think there the issue but how?

Hearing the noise again, mine sounds like its metal. Only started doing it after a service. Hmm....

• 2 months later...

Anyone had an update on their scraping noise? Im still getting it and can't figure out why. I have had the front wheels off and given the area a good search. I'm still none the wiser. I've decided Im going to replace the front discs and pads as im doing the rear brakes anyway. Not sure its likely to make any difference mind.

I've thoroughly checked that the disc plate is not touching anything it shouldn't and has plenty of clearance but it makes little difference. I've looked at the arch lining and ive found nothing their, although from the type of noise its making it definitely sounds like a light thin metal scraping. I know one thing though, its doing my head in!

You guys figured out where you're noise is coming from?

kaz i honestly reckon its the dust plate catching mate.....

did u look right at the bottom of it?? that's where mine was catching and i missed it the first couple times i checked, but then noticed a small area of fresh metal. if it is the case, either grind a little away, or just push it back firmly matey. its doing it again on mine now so will need to get it sorted at some point, lol!!

kaz i honestly reckon its the dust plate catching mate.....

did u look right at the bottom of it?? that's where mine was catching and i missed it the first couple times i checked, but then noticed a small area of fresh metal. if it is the case, either grind a little away, or just push it back firmly matey. its doing it again on mine now so will need to get it sorted at some point, lol!!

Got some front discs and pads on the way, will give it a thorough check and clean. Bugs the sh*te out of me though...makes it sound like a right shonker to! :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links