Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sprayed Headlights Today

coolrides

DSC00463.jpg

close up.

DSC00464.jpg

one light done and de tangod, other original.

used a nice metallic black that has a bit of a sparkle to it. hardest part was getting the wheel arch liner out of the way to get the 2 nutts of the back of light.

can you buy orange bulbs or do i have to spray them??

looking good m8. you will get the bulbs from ebay, motorfactors, halfords do them as well m8

cheers. will take a look tomorrow. need one new light lense as it is a bit cloudy. did that one first as it was foggy looking to start with. cleaned up a bit but new lense would look much better.

These are the ones matey 582 BULB click me :D

i thought it was a 582 w21w or is just on later models :question::unsure:

yep your right Spikes :D i should read my own bulb list really :lol: they are 582 / T20's :)

no probs

is it the same bulb on all IS models?

These are the ones matey 582 BULB click me :D

i thought it was a 582 w21w or is just on later models :question::unsure:

yep your right Spikes :D i should read my own bulb list really :lol: they are 582 / T20's :)

no probs

is it the same bulb on all IS models?

Think it is on the IS200's but not sure on the IS300 due to having HID lamps but would think so? :unsure: The rear indicator bulbs are the 581 type.

Nice job on the lights, just get a grill on though, OE or Sport will do fine, looks like a fish with a big mouth without a grill.

i only had it off to get better access to get the lights out lol

will prob make up a grill for it just to be different. work in engineering so can use some tools lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Look good matey what paint did you use? was it quite easy?

hard bit is getting the 2 nuts off behind the wheelarch liner. but is possible. take the wheels off for room to work.

i put mine in oven at 110 for 15 mins then took out and prized it apart. one at a time i did mine. quite stiff to pull apart tho until it lets go. once it comes apart make sure no glue is sitting outside the seal area or inside the light move it back into place while hot.

spraying i used grey primer with ford panther black, nice and metallic, then clear laquer. let dry overnight to harden a bit.

then to reasemble i got it together as best i could then reheat in oven to soften glue for 10 mins and then push all clips into home position. then leave in light down position or use vice grips to hold together till glue hardens. i didnt use grips and mine where fine. just made sure all clips had went in properly. good vidoe on utube too check it out. links on here somewhere.

good luck

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links