Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fancy An Altezza?

Saw this on Autotrader seems a bit cheap to me although no mileage mentioned:

LEXUS ALTEZA IS200 Sport T

with the 210bhp beams engine, auto/tiptronic, glacier white, 17 alloys, CD/radio/mini disc, climate, aircon, fully loaded, only £9995.

JAP 1 IMPORTS LTD

Tel: 01255 820844

Distance: 21 miles

Price: £9,995

Thoughts anyone?

Just rang the guy.

Seems to be genuine. He imported it. It has 33k on the clock but the ODO has been converted to MPH now - so that makes something like 19k miles. It's a '99 T.

Just realised that perhaps I shouldn't be helping traders to advertise things on here! But it's for the good of you lovely people!

Think I might go and check it out tomorrow.

Just found another one, manual this time:

2000 Lexus IS 200 (Altezza RS 200)

Manual 6 speed, Silver, 10,000 miles . ABS, Air Bag, alloys, Climate Control, Electric Windows, Immobilizer, In Car Entertainment.210 BHP, Beam Tuning, CAT 1 Alarm, 12 Month Warranty, Full Service. -- see many more pictures on our website -- Widest availability of any Japanese car to buy from Stock or from Japan Direct at huge savings compared to UK importer prices. Visit our website and see 70,000 cars weekly £12,500.

this looks quite good as well - can't believe how cheap they are.

do you get hammered on insurance with imports?

Hi guys,

Went to see this car today - I liked it!

But I have a few questions and concerns:

It's the 5 speed auto RS200, however the tiptronic steering wheel is missing - replaced with a manual tezza wheel.

The removable security device for the Nav is missing - is this a big problem?

How much hassle is it to get the radio changed?

Any advice muchly appreciated.

Well thanks to Cavey for his help and advice.

It now appears that this car is being mis-sold. It turns out it is a Japanese AS200 auto. ie. it's the same 153bhp engine as the UK IS200 - what a con. Think I might report the trader to Autotrader.....

Thought it was too good to be true..... :(

Well thanks to Cavey for his help and advice.

It now appears that this car is being mis-sold. It turns out it is a Japanese AS200 auto. ie. it's the same 153bhp engine as the UK IS200 - what a con. Think I might report the trader to Autotrader.....

Thought it was too good to be true..... :(

hi.

I was just about to post "buyer beware" when i saw your posting about Kavey giving ya info.

They are cheap but £10k is a bit cheap for 19k miles and also fully loaded. It's not bad if you know the full history of the car. Just before i got mine, i was offered one for less than 7k with low mileage, but at least i was told it was a "grade 0" which means it had been in a crash. But i couldn't be guaranteed if there was no engine damage so I caned the idea.

once they crash the value drops more than half, and you can get a bargain provided it's only a bit of body work. I am not suggesting this particular one had a crash but sometimes these dealers think we don't have a clue about these imports.

"LEXUS ALTEZA IS200 Sport T"? I don't know what the T stands for. perhaps a turbo? There are only the base spec, the Z Edition, and a rare L Edition.

Thanks for that Teddy.

It is a bit confusing, but I think I've now found another one that looks like the 'Real thang'!

2000 Toyota Altezza RS 200

Manual 6 speed, Silver, 10,000 miles , 4 Doors. Air Bag, Alloy Wheels, Climate Control, Immobilizer, In Car Entertainment, Safety Equipment, Traction Control System. 210 BHP, Electric Windows, Beam Tuning, CAT 1 Alarm, Immobiliser, 12 Month Warranty, Full Service. --. £12,550.

It looks quite exciting!

only cooool peeps have white

Yep, white is the coolest. ;)

You are all very lucky to have the choices you do. Altezza, 200, 300, etc... Rarely will I see an imported "used" Japanese car. It's extremely costly to bring one over and a lot of modification has to be done to the car to meet federal safety and emmisions standards. If it was easy I would have a Skyline R34 in my garage.

Anyway, you are lucky in the UK. B)

Thanks for that Teddy.

It is a bit confusing, but I think I've now found another one that looks like the 'Real thang'!

2000 Toyota Altezza RS 200

Manual 6 speed, Silver, 10,000 miles , 4 Doors. Air Bag, Alloy Wheels, Climate Control, Immobilizer, In Car Entertainment, Safety Equipment, Traction Control System. 210 BHP, Electric Windows, Beam Tuning, CAT 1 Alarm, Immobiliser, 12 Month Warranty, Full Service. --. £12,550.

It looks quite exciting!

Check it out carefully. If I'm not mistaken, that sounds like one that's been doing the rounds a while now....

Check it out carefully. If I'm not mistaken, that sounds like one that's been doing the rounds a while now....

Does it?

Well it's not in the country yet apparently.... it's being imported by Bonsai Cars.

Apparently will arrive on 15th May.

• 7 months later...

I've imported from Japan through Bonsai, top guys Jason and Christophe, I picked it up from southampton 2 weeks or so ago RS 200 '99' 40k top grade £11900 including everything all I had to do was pick it up. SVA, reg. tax all sorted, just insurance to sort.

I went through direct line £400 full comp.

post-50-1070495071.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links