Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Should I Drive The Deal?

Prolex

Yep just print out the page from DTD and take it to your dealer, I got within a few hundred pounds of the price on the site and decided it was worth the extra to have the peace of mind of buying from the dealer.

Now that the dealers are struggling so much, I'm sure they won't even put up any kind of fight if you go in there armed with the price you'll pay.

I'm exploring the possibility of buying an IS 250 SE auto through Drive the Deal. It's an alternative to a year-old model through a dealer.

Any opinions on the DtD service? Advice? Tips from users?

I'd be most grateful. Thanks

Why you wanting is250 SE auto :question:

Thanks very much for those replies.

I'd certainly quote the DtD price if I went to the dealer.

But because DtD prices are so amazing, (thousands off, not far off year-old used from a dealer) I was wondering if any shortcomings they had would be so large as to prevent my taking advantage.

But it seems from what you say that the dealers are desperate enough to match them.

Amazing!

I'm exploring the possibility of buying an IS 250 SE auto through Drive the Deal. It's an alternative to a year-old model through a dealer.

Do you know of any problems with them?

Its not Prolex_uk Gord,

i think your getting confused lol

Do you know of any problems with them?

No i think he's getting you confused with another member mate who's already got a Supercharged IS350

Its not Prolex_uk Gord,

Oh, lol, should have figured that out myself :lol:

Yer had me, just seen prolex and thought of Dave,as i know he has is350, seem funny someone joining as prolex, or is that just me :duh:

If I'd known there'd be confusion with an existing name I wouldn't have used it. Surprising I was allowed to. I may change it.

Its not Prolex_uk Gord,

Oh, lol, should have figured that out myself :lol:

Yer had me, just seen prolex and thought of Dave,as i know he has is350, seem funny someone joining as prolex, or is that just me :duh:

If I'd known there'd be confusion with an existing name I wouldn't have used it. Surprising I was allowed to. I may change it.

Its allowed coz you prolex and the other is prolex uk :D

Broker4cars & Broadspeed are supplied to you via Lexus UK Dealers. B4C saves average of £5k on list for IS250 depending on the actual spec. that you want.

lol, had me going for a second or two aswell

I think I'm going to change it. I really don't think such a similar name should have been allowed.

But there doesn't seem to any way of doing so on the board!

Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Broker4cars & Broadspeed are supplied to you via Lexus UK Dealers. B4C saves average of £5k on list for IS250 depending on the actual spec. that you want.

Lexus are doing 4k off the list price across the range so they may well match it

Went into a Toyota Dealer to look at an Aygo...started to work on a deal and found out they were only looking to offer a couple of hundred quid discount. Mentioned DtD price - by example of realistic discount - and not only did the Salmesmans' face drop, but he tried to suggest (and I quote):

Well their prices are all well and good, but try taking the car back if there was a problem with it.

To which I replied:

Why would I take it back to them>? They sell Toyota UK cars and merely put you in touch with a Toyota Main Dealer. So if my Toyota I had bought that way had a fault, guess where I'd come to have it fixed?

They did eventually match DtD price, but with a new Aygo coming early 2009, we'll wait.

Not sure if I should be more upset on the fact that he expected me to pay very close to sticker (offering no discount) or was telling me total carp about DtD ;)

Went into a Toyota Dealer to look at an Aygo...started to work on a deal and found out they were only looking to offer a couple of hundred quid discount. Mentioned DtD price - by example of realistic discount - and not only did the Salmesmans' face drop, but he tried to suggest (and I quote):

Well their prices are all well and good, but try taking the car back if there was a problem with it.

To which I replied:

Why would I take it back to them>? They sell Toyota UK cars and merely put you in touch with a Toyota Main Dealer. So if my Toyota I had bought that way had a fault, guess where I'd come to have it fixed?

They did eventually match DtD price, but with a new Aygo coming early 2009, we'll wait.

Not sure if I should be more upset on the fact that he expected me to pay very close to sticker (offering no discount) or was telling me total carp about DtD ;)

He doesn't sound like the world's best salesman, I have to say.

I'll see how I get on with mine if I try the same technique.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links