Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Insurance Has Gone Up!even Though Im Older Plus An Extra Yr Ncb

Had my renewal from directline today, and they want 868 quid. last yr i only paid 750 ish. I rang them to query it, and the only explanation they could give was that my areas rating has gone up. Bl**dy rip off. Only way I can get it lower is by having a voluntary excess of 350. which totals 700quid if I have a bump. Cant find any cheaper, so looks like Im another motorist that has to just bend over and get bummed by the system. Ok Im only 23, but I havn't got younger.grrr

Im tamping. I wouldn't be surprised that labour has countered cancelling the tax rise with screwing us on insurance. For the first time, I can see a future with no cars and in 50 years my grand kids will sit around me and Il tell them about the olden days wen I was young, when we had brilliant things called cars., that ran on petrol that you could drive yourself.

Sorry, rant over

Gazza

Had my renewal from directline today, and they want 868 quid

That's about half as much as I have to pay, £1600/year :crybaby:

I'm 21 years old, that's the only reason my insurance is so high. If I were to insure the car on my father it would be £400/year.

It's normal practice for your insurance premium to go up, even if you have got another years NCB. They all try it on, it happens with house insurance too.

They hope to make a profit out of people who can't be bothered to shop around.

Go on moneysavingexpert's site and follow his process to get the best quotes, i think it's check Direct Line (not applicable to you!), Tesco and then moneysupermarket.com to get quotes of loads of other places.

you are 23 and you are ****** for paying 800+, im 38 and im still paying 450, you work it out, it all come down to, where you are in the UK and where the car is over night, and how long you have been driveing,

if i was 23 and had a IS200 and was asked to pay 700, i would be lol all the way to the bank ( and thinking to myself they must of f*ed up some where lol )

Had my renewal from directline today, and they want 868 quid. last yr i only paid 750 ish. I rang them to query it, and the only explanation they could give was that my areas rating has gone up. Bl**dy rip off. Only way I can get it lower is by having a voluntary excess of 350. which totals 700quid if I have a bump. Cant find any cheaper, so looks like Im another motorist that has to just bend over and get bummed by the system. Ok Im only 23, but I havn't got younger.grrr

Im tamping. I wouldn't be surprised that labour has countered cancelling the tax rise with screwing us on insurance. For the first time, I can see a future with no cars and in 50 years my grand kids will sit around me and Il tell them about the olden days wen I was young, when we had brilliant things called cars., that ran on petrol that you could drive yourself.

Sorry, rant over

Gazza

thats bad put up over £100 i'm paying 368 fully comp i'm 28 and have my 25 year old wife as a named driver and thats with a 150 excess!

I rang them and asked about it. Told her I could get it cheaper on the website, then she said that the web quote was with 350 voluntary excess. So I asked why it had gone up. She put me on hold, then came back with the crap excuse of my area rating has gone up. I live in a quiet village in a south wales valley. God help me if I'd lived in some dodgy part of a big city.

I've tried tesco, they were higher. Churchill were about the same as direct line. To be honest if I can find one close even if it is slightly higher I may walk away on principal. I've been with them for 5 years and never made a claim. Originally i was driving my mums car. And gained 3 yrs named driver NCB. So started my own policy and was great. But then when I renewed last year if was higher than I'd expected but it was the first full year of insuring my IS, so rang them up and asked how it was so high, even though I had 3 years named NCB plus 2yrs of my own. and they said that every yr I get a proper NCB if cancelles a named driver one. So I got stuck with them cos of the last remaining named driver one. And this year to thank me for my localty to them the charge me an extra 100 od quid. Plus cos of their policies, i can't modify my car cos Im under 25.

I've just filled in the form for adrian flux so Il wait and see what they say If its about the same Il probably go with them. At least then I've got the option of putting an exhaust on or something.

Sorry for the long post, but I have to talk to someone, I think my gf is getting bored of the topic,lol.

Gazza

With the prices of cars going down, i think the only way to stop barrys getting the use of lexus is the high insurance lol. On a serious note my insurance is about £350 (£350 excess) including mods, and it was about the same last yr. I Think it gets to a point where it won't go down anymore. I think adrian flux will quote you a better quote as they insure drivers that are most likely to mod their cars. I was with directline for the first 2 yrs (think it was £600, had no mods than cos i wasn't with LOC lol), until i found adrian flux and now im staying with them (unless they bump it up like in urs). Don't forget, if ur a gold member here to get something like £15 off!

I'm assuming that's high for south wales, as obviously that's not high at all for a 23 yr old in London.........one advantage to turning 25 is that I just renewed my insurance for £487 for the next 10 months - and that's in London :winky:

Sorry, rant over

Gazza

thats bad put up over £100 i'm paying 368 fully comp i'm 28 and have my 25 year old wife as a named driver and thats with a 150 excess!

thats a good price, can i ask who's that with ?

To be honest its not the absolute value im so peeved about, its the rise for no reason. As far as I know my valley hasn't turned into south central detroit in the last year. So god knows where they get they're figures from.

By the sounds of it Im lucky where I live then.lol

To be honest its not the absolute value im so peeved about, its the rise for no reason. As far as I know my valley hasn't turned into south central detroit in the last year. So god knows where they get they're figures from.

That's actually a good point, London gets worse every year and yet my premium still dropped by over £100. That makes no sense, unless the sheep have turned to car crime.......... :P

(Sorry cheap shot :tomato::lol: )

That's actually a good point, London gets worse every year and yet my premium still dropped by over £100. That makes no sense, unless the sheep have turned to car crime.......... :P

(Sorry cheap shot :tomato::lol: )

London, is a big place with lots of cars to pick from so the % of your car geting nicked is low as there are so many, thats why, but where he is, theres no one around, so if you was looking for an IS to nick where would you get it from some where there is 10,000 car driveing around, or some where where there is only 50 car and no one to see or hear you take ??

Sorry, rant over

Gazza

thats with direct choice mate it was the best i could get!i'm a mechanic working for toyota and the wife is a traffic cop.

i live in penicuik as well.

Sorry, rant over

Gazza

thats with direct choice mate it was the best i could get!i'm a mechanic working for toyota and the wife is a traffic cop.

i live in penicuik as well.

yea traffic cop helps lol

Don't forget your occupation and other number of cars in your household will also have an affect on insurance premiums, not just age, amount of NCB, postcode etc.

Mate you must try Sky, my renewal was the same, went up quite a bit from last year but i tried Sky and it came down by £150+.

Ok they might not be able to help everyone but its worth a try.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links